Locked In A Haze

"The secret of success is learning how to use pain and pleasure instead of having pain and pleasure use you. If you do that, you're in control of your life. If you don't, life controls you." -Anthony Robbins

I was standing there just watching her blush and I started chuckling.
"I'm sorry I didn't mean to interrupt anything" Holly said. I looked at the girl and she looked like her cat had just died. Oh shit. I didn't see it before. I looked at Katie and she gave Holly a slightly embarrassed smile. They liked each other. I'm such an idiot! The kid was great but that just couldn't happen between us. I was way too old for her for one and secondly at the moment I had nothing to offer someone in a relationship. I cleared my throat and mumbled "I'm sorry I gotta get something from my bike I'll be back." I practically ran out the door.

I closed the door and took in a few long breaths. I got out a bottle from my side bag and took a big gulp.
"Since when do you drink vodka?" Katie sternly asked me.
I shrugged it off like it was nothing and replied "Not a big deal. It's been a long trip I just needed to chill out a little."
She was emitting some serious attitude as she looked at me and raised her eyebrows.

Chang the subject. Fast. "So you and Holly huh? She's pretty." I casually said.
She turned beat red. "Nothing's official. We just kind of skirt around our feelings. It's actually really annoying."
"It's obvious you like each other. Why not just go for it?"
"I guess neither of us want to make the first 'official' move" she answered kind of sadly.
"I've taught you better than that. Get off your ass and go for it. You might be missing one of the best things you could ever have. Don't blow it blondie" I told her as I playfully shoved her.

She smiled but then turned it into a frown "About that kiss.."she started.
I interrupted her "Don't. We will chalk it up to curiosity. We've known each other for awhile but have never had an opportunity. Just had to get it out of our system." I waved my hands like I wiped the slate clean.
She sighed "Ok, that sounds good."

"I uhh think I'm going to go find a hotel or something though. I don't feel right staying here right now." I said kind of hesitantly.
She started to protest "No! Als I want you to stay."
"Trust me. It's better if I find somewhere to crash. I'm going to stay in the area awhile. Don't worry you'll see me."
"You promise?"
"I promise."
"Do you think you could meet us at the beach later?" She asked.
"Of course. I could swing by later."
"Ok" she gave me a hug "I'll see you soon then!"
"Hey Katie?"
"Yea?"
"Go get your girl, ok?"
She flashed that smile at me and nodded her head "Ok."

I drove around and I found this cute little house that was on the beach. It was in a great area that seemed really serene and quiet. It had a 'for rent' sign with a number. I called it and a chipper voice answered.
"Hello?"
"Hello I was calling about the house that's for rent on Welkins by the beach?"
"Oh yea it's eight seventy five a month and move in ready. There is furniture and kitchen supplies there already."
"Awesome is there anyway I could look at it today?"
"I can be over in twenty minutes. Would that work."
"That'd be great. See you then."

I was able to look around the cute little house. It was an open floor plan when you walked in. There was a little kitchen and a bar with two stools. There was a large couch with a coffee table in the center and a recliner beside it. There was a big TV mounted on the wall. Then there was French doors that opened up to a covered patio with a table and four chairs then open area which led to the beach. Inside the house there were two bedrooms. One of the bedrooms was pretty big and had its own bathroom. Then there was a bathroom in the hall right by the other bedroom. It was actually pretty nice and I liked it already. I told her I would take it. I followed her to sign the necessary paperwork and I also paid the first few months rent so I wouldn't have to worry about that.