7:

Patrick and Dallon were out at the camp pool, helping clean it out. It seemed a bit ridiculous to have a pool when there was a lake just feet away, but Joe had said that it was here from before this place was a camp.

"Who throws so many rocks in here!?" Dallon gasped, popping out of the water to throw rocks up onto the edge of the pool. He swam over and propped his arms on the edge. "This is looking worse than the lake." He complained, pulling his goggles away from his face.

Patrick shrugged from where he was walking along the water, skimming the bugs and leaves from the surface of it. "I hear this one has heating though..."

"Maybe I should bring Brendon down here one night." Dallon grinned, letting his body float up near the surface of the water.

"I thought you were supposed to be my wingman." Patrick laughed as he scooped a drowning spider from its certain death and tapped it off onto the cement.

Dallon laughed nervously, scratching the back of his head. "Sorry man... Did you ever find Pete around the campfire?"

"Nope." Patrick sighed, "Barely caught Ryan sneaking in and pulling up his pants when I was trying to sleep."

Dallon laughed, smacking his hand against the water. "That horndog! You don't think he caught something, do you? He was real scratchy when Josh and I came in."

Patrick shrugged. He just continued along the water with the skimmer. Dallon shrugged, pulling the goggles back onto his face and sucking in a large breath of air before propelling himself back underwater.

As Patrick continued along the water, he watched Dallon grab at rocks scewed along the bottom of the pool. It was a strange job to be tasked with, but Dallon had seemed more than up for jumping into the water.

"You sprinkled the doorknob? What kind of weak ass prank is that?"

Patrick looked up at the sound of voices nearby. Through the trees, he could make out two dark haired figures walking closer to the pool.

"Oh Yea? You done better, Urie?"

"I chucked some rocks in the pool after giving my number to hot guy from across the campfire."

"So hardcore."

Patrick was sidetracked by listening to their conversation, recognizing one of the figures as the boy Dallon had talked to last night. The other boy was... Was that Pete?..

Patrick didn't have very much time to comprehend it, because his lack of attention caused his foot to try and plant on the not so solid surface of the water. He cried out as he fell forward into the cold liquid. It engulfed him, catching him off guard and causing him to swallow a mouthful.

He tried desperately to get back to the surface but, the next thing he knew, he was coughing up water as a figure with dark hair loomed over him.

"Is he dead?" The figure asked as he began to come into focus for Patrick. It was Pete, although this wasn't how Patrick envisioned their first real meeting like this.

"Is he okay!?" Patrick could hear Dallon's concern as well as slashing water and a small yelp.

"Are all of you idiots going to drown on our first day?" Pete groaned. He turned back to Patrick, who was trying to push himself up. "You alright?"

Patrick nodded, still choking on what was left over in his lungs from the sudden submersion. Pete rolled his eyes, but leaned forward to pat his back. Once Patrick could breath properly, he thanked Pete quietly.

He wasn't sure what to say from there. This was the guy he wanted to get in bed with, and he had just made a fool of himself in front of him. He was so stupid for even trying...

"Hey! Other campfire kid, oh shit, you still alive?" Brendon was climbing out of the pool with help from Dallon, who had visible redness in his cheeks.

"Fine." Patrick nodded, reaching up to push back his wet hair from his face.

"At least someone around here was helping him instead of taking swimming lessons." Pete rolled his eyes again, pushing himself to his feet as Dallon and Brendon hurried over to Patrick.

Brendon looked at Pete with irritation. "I was trying to pull him out! I've just got noodle arms that giraffe boy took easy control over."

"I am not that tall." Dallon said, defensively as he kneeled next to Patrick.

"Yes you are." All three boys agreed, making Dallon roll his eyes.

Pete pushed himself to his feet, much to Patrick's dismay, and tapped Brendon with his foot. "He isn't dead, so let's go."

Brendon frowned up at Pete. "Don't you wanna hang out with them for a bit? There's even a pool." He grinned as he wiped some of the water from his face, "It's fun."

"Why don't you get your inflatable pool duck to hang out with then." Pete rolled his eyes, turning and beginning to walk away.

Patrick frowned, looking down at the ground. He didn't know what to say to make Pete stay. Maybe he wasn't the right guy... Dallon, however, spoke up where Patrick was silent.

"What's wrong, Wentz, you can give him CPR but you can't strike up a conversation?" He smirked. Brendon had a look of amusement on his face as he covered his mouth with his hand. Patrick's eyes grew wide as Pete froze in his tracks for a moment.

A moment was all it lasted, however, because Pete was quickly on the path leading somewhere Patrick couldn't remember at the moment.

"Dude!" Brendon laughed, gawking at Dallon. "That was good!"

"I needed CPR?" Patrick asked, looking at his best friend.

Dallon looked at him with a nod. "You swallowed water and started sinking real quick. I got you up and they helped pull you out." He gestured to Brendon, who gave a small wave. "Pete had you lip on lip."

"AND I WAS UNCONSCIOUS WHAT THE FUCK!?" Patrick cried out, causing several birds to fly from the branches they were perched on nearby. Patrick quickly covered his mouth, with a look of apology on his face.

Brendon laughed again, looking extremely amused. "I like you!" He stuck out his hand, "We never officially met, though, Brendon Urie!"

"Patrick Stump."

"Nice to meet ya." Brendon smiled as they shook hands, "So... You like that douche bag, Pete?" He giggled at Patrick's panicked expression. "Don't worry! He isn't usually this bad. He'll warm up to ya. I'll put in a good word."

"Really?" Patrick asked, softly.

"Aw, you're so cute." Brendon awed, "Maybe I'll keep you for myself. If I didn't have my eyes on a devilishly tall giraffe." He shot a glance at Dallon, who's cheeks had become a faint shade of pink once again.

Patrick smiled. He may have looked like a complete fool a few minutes ago, but at least things had turned around a bit with Brendon offering help as well. Then, there was the thought of Pete's lips actually being on his? He had given him CPR!? That was something he needed while conscious... Minus the CPR part... Just the lip thing...

"Did he say you have a inflatable pool duck?" Dallon asked, confusion laced in his expression.

Brendon's expression turned mischievous. "Oh boy do I."