5:

Pete was lacing his shoes, trying to ignore his cabin mates. He had been bunked with Brendon, but he also got bunked with the one couple to show up together. It wasn't that Frank and Gerard were bad or irritating, Pete just felt annoyed that he was even here. He wanted to be at home right now in his familiar room, not out in the woods being forced to make new friends.

"This was the closest camp to where we live." Frank was telling Brendon, playing with his lip ring as he paused for thought. "We're Jersey boys."

"You're all the way from Jersey? Shesh!" Brendon exclaimed, "I was born in Nevada myself, but I'm from around here. Well, nearby at least."

Gerard, the boy with white hair nodded, sitting on the end of his bed. "My brother and I have been staying with our aunt Marie who lives close. She's really sweet and let's Frankie stay too." Frank shot Gerard a look that made him roll his eyes, "I mean Frank."

"How long have you boys been a thing?" Brendon asked, smirking between them.

"Since eighth grade?" Frank questioned, turning to Gerard. "Going on four years, I think. Ew, have I really been dealing with you for that long?"

"Oh, shut up, you love me." Gerard grinned.

Pete finished lacing his shoes and hit his heels to the ground. He stood up before stretching his arms above his head. "Are we going to the campfire?" He asked with a yawn.

"Oh yea, scope out the bus scene." Brendon's eyes lit up at the thought, "What are we waiting for?"

Brendon jumped up, excitedly as Frank and Gerard meddled with their shoelaces. Frank shoved Gerard back, playfully, so that he could jump off the bed first. He then reached out his hands to pull the pale haired boy to his feet.

Pete was already at the doorway, leaning against the door. He wanted to get this over with. If he had to be here, he might as well know who he would be stuck here with...

"C'mon, Pete! I wanna get sugared up on marshmallows!" Brendon practically whined as he bounced on his toes in a way that just made it seem like he needed a restroom.

Pete rolled his eyes, but pushed the door open and stepped outside. The air was warm, although, so was the air in the cabin. It was a wall of warmer air that just seemed to hit you upon exit of the cabin. The light was also darker than when they had first arrived; the falling sun was creating hues of oranges and purples above them. Around them, other councilors were exiting their own cabins to join them in the outside atmosphere.

"There's a lot of us for only a few cabins." Brendon commented as he bounded out the cabin door to look around at the forested surroundings.

Gerard shut the cabin door and grabbed Frank's hand. "Mikey got bunked with that real quiet kid, Tyler." He said, "Then the girls got their own cabin, right?"

"Yea, plus those four." Pete said, looking over at a cabin a few feet away from them in the forested surrounding. One of the four boys was running across the area to the group of girls, while the other three seemed to be talking amongst themselves. Pete had already forgotten their names, except for the shortest of the group. Somethin' Stump, from role call...

"Dude! Hot dude alert!" Brendon exclaimed, quietly, as he jumped up and down. He hid behind Pete as he gazed over at the same group.

Gerard looked over at them as well, hiding it as leaning against Frank's shoulder. Somehow, despite the height difference, it worked. "Tall one, blue boy, or shorty?"

Brendon giggled, shaking his head. He turned down the path without answering and began to follow it. "Campfire down by the water!" He hollered as he followed the path down.

Pete rolled his eyes as he followed the path after Brendon. He could hear Frank and Gerard, as well as others also following Brendon's lead. The path was bumpy and slowly began to grow narrower and narrower. It did get wider, however, as the lake became closer.

A log surrounded campfire crackled not too far from the shore where Joe and Andy were standing. They had been looking off at the water, but turned at the sounds of the approaching teens.

"I'll get the smores supplies." Andy said before hurrying off along the waterline.

Joe smiled after him before turning to the group of teenagers standing to the side of the campfire. "Hey guys! So, go ahead and pick a seat." He said, gesturing to the logs.

Pete followed Brendon over and sat next to him, feeling the most comfortable being next to his friend. Gerard and Frank chose the seat on Pete's other side, and then the spots filled in from there. By the last person sat next to Brendon, who happened to be the blue haired girl that was giggling with the boy from the Stump kid's cabin, all the logs were filled.

Before Pete could get a good look at the faces surrounding the circle, Brendon was kicking the side of his foot. "That guy!" He whispered as he poked Pete's arm, furiously.

"Dude!" Pete slapped his hand away, earning a pout from Brendon.

"But giraffe guy is right across from me!"

"Then flirt! I thought that was your strongest point." Pete replied with an eye roll, "Why so nervous?"

Brendon was still for a moment before he shrugged. He looked directly across the campfire and shot a wave to a taller boy with a flop of brown hair. Pete watched the boy give Brendon a questioning look before waving back.

Pete's eyes trailed to the shorter figure next to the tall boy, recognizing the Stump kid. His name running through Pete's head made him snicker again, however, the Stump kid did have looks...

"Alright!"

Pete was pulled from his thoughts as Andy walked over to the campfire with his arms full of campfire cooking supplies. The bearded man smiled as the Stump kid hurriedly got up and helped him.

"Thank you." Andy nodded as they set everything down, "Alright, guys, go ahead and tear it up!"

"YES!" Brendon exclaimed, jumping up from his seat on the log.

Everyone began to get in a line for food, but Pete stayed put on his spot. He was already tired of being around the large group. While everyone was chatting and gathering the chocolate, gram crackers, and marshmallows, Pete stood up silently. He went back up the path, through the dark, to the cabins.

The stars and moonlight made it easier to navigate, but Pete did find himself tripping a few times. He mumbled to himself as he made it up to his cabin. He had considered just going to bed but, as he entered the cabin and looked at his bag, a small devilish lightbulb went off in his head.

The other councilors were down at the campfire. Pete was alone... He also had itching powder.

A wicked grin spread across Pete's face as he rushed over to his bag. He pulled out the sealed bottle and looked around his cabin. He didn't really want to get anyone in his cabin, because he'd have to deal with them whine... And Brendon knew.

Instead, he slipped out of his cabin and looked at the one that was just a few feet away. Pete's grin never left his face as he crept over. He wouldn't go inside, but a door handle would be a good place to start.

Pete opened the bottle carefully before sprinkling a small amount on the door knob. "First prank of the summer..." He muttered to himself as he screwed the lid back on. Before he got anyone else, he wanted to be sure it worked.

"If I'm gonna be here, I'm gonna have fun..." Pete smirked to himself as he hurried back to his cabin in the dark.