3:

Patrick and Dallon periodically peaked over at the two boys they had watched board the bus, careful not to catch their wandering gazes. Ryan was no help, being readily engaged in conversation with Ashley. They had started with a bit of space between them, but were now hip to hip on the seat.

The bus picked up one more set of kids, a girl with half dyed and half natural hair, as well as, a boy with kind of spiked up brown hair. After that, the ride to the hills where the camp was located began.

"This is nuts..." Patrick mumbled, scooting back in his seat. "I'll never convince that guy to sleep with me..."

"Well, sleep isn't going to the most enticing reason for him to come to your bed."

"Dallon!"

Dallon laughed, stealing a look at the boy that came with the one Patrick took attraction to. "Just sayin'."

"What if he doesn't even like boys?" Patrick worried lowly, "What if he already has a girlfriend or something!?"

"Patrick, calm down." Dallon replied, turning back to his friend. "You can hardly assume anything these days. Who knows his sexuality? Does anyone really know until they've experienced different types of love?" He shrugged, "We have a whole summer..."

Patrick nodded, but the worry didn't leave his thoughts. This was such a stupid summer mission. Maybe the innocent virgin jokes weren't so bad... He could live with them until it finally happened... Or he became a nun because the jokes rang with so much truth.

"It'll happen..." Patrick whispered with the shake of his head. He just had to really try... And hope.

- - -

Pete nudged Brendon as the bus made its way to the summer camp. "Whatchya get?" He asked the more energetic boy.

"Lots!" Brendon giggled, patting his bag. "I've got the giant, inflatable rubber duck, some illegal fireworks hidden in my pillow in case they search us, and most things in between."

"How in the hell did you get illegal fireworks!?"

Brendon shrugged. "Uncle."

Pete rolled his eyes, but made a mental note to ask more about Brendon's uncle when there were less ears around. He pulled up his own backpack and grinned at the other boy.

"Itching powder, silly string, super glue, and a hockey mask."

Brendon didn't look very impressed. "Weak, dude."

Pete let his bag drop to his feet with a light huff. "I don't have a pyromaniac uncle to sneak me illegal fireworks."

"Hey! They couldn't convict him in that arsonist case, remember?"

"Whatever, dude..." Pete sighed, sliding back into his seat. "I just want this done and over with... Maybe we can sneak out and just book it."

Brendon spun in his seat to look at the seats in the bus behind him as he answered. "You're forgetting role call." He said as he let out a soft giggle, "There's a cute giraffe in the back..."

"Sit down before the driver yells at you..." Pete muttered, smacking Brendon's butt with the back of his hand as the driver glared at him from the front mirror.

"Oh! Spank me and tell me I'm a bad boy." Brendon turned to Pete with a wink before biting the end of his finger. He giggled like a toddler as Pete swatted at his side, making him turn and sit down in his previous position.

"You're insane." Pete muttered again, crossing his arms over his chest.

Brendon rolled his eyes. "Would you have it any other way?" He asked, nudging his friend. "You know it would be boring!"