Chapter 37. conclusion

a/n: happy new year!

-

Annabelle did my hair all pretty and my makeup. She was cool and we connected instantly. It reminded me of the relationship me and Melissa once had. I missed having a girl bestfriend to hang out with.

We were already sharing clothes as she was wearing one of my shirts tonight for meeting up with Tyler. Turns out she did had a big crush on him but wasn't sure about. She wanted to found more about him and that's what she planned on doing tonight. I told her my history with him which wasn't a big deal since we were never serious especially since I was seeing Luke at the same time.

Speaking of Luke, I knew he went to this school but I never saw him. It's for the better, I suppose. I dressed fancy but not too fancy, just a causal lace dress and some sandals. But Annabelle kept saying how great I looked and that was good since I had a mission for tonight.

To rub my happiness in my dad's face.

I heard a knock on the door and Anna opened it to view Riley. He offered to come so I wouldn't have to go through this alone which I was so grateful for. He walked straight over to me saying hi to Anabelle and hugged me with a light kiss on the lips. We never officially stated that we were a couple but I knew that Riley wanted to. I did too, I wanted to be with him forever. He is the one and I'm sure of it.

     "You look beautiful," he says his arms still wrapped around me. "as always."

I grinned as I stood on my toes to place my lips upon his again.

      "You guys are so adorable," Anna gushed and Riley's cheeks went red. He looked so cute.

There was another knock on the door and this time it was Jared and Charlotte.

     "Hey guys! You ready?" Charlotte asked and we nodded walking out.

The car ride was silent except the singing of Charlotte to the radio. She had a nice voice and I still couldn't believe how much we looked a like. But I couldn't relax as I felt on edge about seeing my dad after all these years. What if he denies it. Now that would crush me.

I thought about calling my mom and tell her but she would probably drive up here and tell him off. That would be funny to see that but i decided against it.

We pulled up into a middle class house with green cut grass and a nice garden and big porch that had a couch swing and flower pots. It was like one of the prefect houses for the perfect family. Although this family wasn't perfect, dad ruined that a long time ago.

We followed Charlotte right in with Riley's hand holding mine. He squeezed as we stepped in the door for comfort.

    "Mom, dad I'm here. With Jared and friends." Charlotte called out and soon we heard footsteps coming down the stairs.

It was a woman with brown and blue eyes like Charlotte. She was beautiful and I instantly remembered her from the grocery. She gave Charlotte a big hug then Jared next.

      "Oh Charlotte he is so cute." She said. "It's very nice to meet you. I'm Amber Greene, Charlotte's mom."

She spoke just as someone came down the steps.

      "And this is my husband, Charlotte's father Rick Greene."

I looked up to see the man she was talking about and it struck me. I didn't know how hard this was going to be. He looked the same as I remembered but a little older. He had gained a little weight but he was still the same guy who used to chase me saying, "I'm going to get you rabbit." When we played bugz bunny. I felt my eyes water but I held them in the best I could as he shook hands with Jared.