Chapter 4. Stepbrother

"RACHEL!" I heard my mom yell from downstairs. I huffed as I was too comfortable to get out of my bed. I looked at the clock and it read 8 AM. Why was she waking me up so early on a Saturday morning? "RACHEL!" she yelled again.

"What?" I screamed with annoyance in my voice knowing she could hear it. I wanted her to know that I was angry for being woken up.

"Get dressed and be ready to leave, we're leaving at 8:30." She said not yelling anymore. She must of been in her room now and sounding closer.

"Where are we going?" I asked not wanting to get out of bed.

"Remember I said i had something to tell you last night? I'll tell you in the car, just get ready."

I let out a loud scream angrily. I did not want to get up. I hated my mom for this. I'm sure she heard me and I could see her rolling her eyes now but she made me like this. Spoiled.

After taking a shower and stuff i realized I had a huge hickey on my neck from last night. i went to my closet and picked out a red high waist skirt that flares at the bottom with a black cropped top that had studs at the top of it. I put on some black boots and started on my make up. I did my hair afterwards just straightening it hiding the hickey then just as i was rubbing on my lip gloss I heard my moms car horn beeping. I sprayed on some perfume then ran out the door.

"I wished that you would cover more skin." My mom said as I rolled my eyes.

"Can't you just say I look nice for once?" I said still annoyed by her.

"You always look nice sweetie but I don't like how these hormonal teenage guys always look at you." She sighed.

"They would do that even if i had on baggy clothes and showed no skin." I bragged sounding conceited. I'm not by the way.

We pulled up into Ihop and before getting out the car she turned to me. Before she could get a word out, I beat her to it. "Is this about the guy you have been secretly seeing?" I said.

"Wait, how did you know?" She says, her eyebrows frowning.

"I'm not stupid mom, I have realized the late nights and your change of clothing in the past few months." I say.

"Very well then, are you ready to meet him." She asked.

"Sure." I said shrugging.

We made our way inside and my mom pointed him out. But beside him was another guy. a much younger guy the looked just like him. A much sexier guy that looked my age. As we walked over to then and they noticed us, I could feel the guys eyes on me. The guy my mom has been seeing got up opening a chair for my mom then one for me then going back over to his chair.

"Rachel, this its John. The man I told you about." Mom said smiling.

"Hello, nice to meet you John." I said giving him my best smile. He greeted me back before turning to the other guy. "This is my son Noah, Noah meet Anne and Rachel." He said.

I smiled at Noah as he shook hands with my mom. He gave me a smile back giving me a long stare until he looked away at my mom.

After getting our good we set there talking and eating. We got to know each other better and it was a nice breakfast.

John Horton was a very wealthy lawyer like my mom and that's how they met. He was very nice and I was already growing to like him. Him and Noah's mom got divorce when she cheated and ran off with a younger guy. That was a horrible story and I felt Noah tense up when his dad told us about it.

Noah he was a freshman in college. He was studying to also become a lawyer like his father. The whole time through breakfast i could feel him stealing glances of me but I didn't mind because he was really cute.