Chapter40

U N E D I T E D.

"Assalam alaikum."Daniyal said entering his room, after returning from fajr prayer. Kinza was in sujood, supplicating.

Daniyal lay in bed waiting for her, thinking about the times he hadn't spent time with Kinza.

"Were are you lost?"Daniyal felt the bed dip as Kinza joined him.

"Hmm.. "Daniyal stretched his arms and Kinza rested her head onhis chest.Engulfed in his embrace. Cuddling comfortably.

"You always cry while making dua?"Daniyal asked playing gently with her black locks.

"Yea, Allah loves the one who Ask him. Who beg him. There is nothing more dear to Allah Ta'ala than a servant making dua to him. And it helps me not to cry in front of others for I share my pain with him."

"You can share with me too Kinza."

"I know that, you know my pain. I don't want my beloved people to feel helpless thinking they can't help me."

"Hmm"He said kissing her head.

"It frustrates me Dani, that I can't.. get my memory back."

For a Moment, they stayed silent.

"I was hoping that with our Rukhsati maybe.. maybe my memories will come back?"She said as she looked at him.

"We will make memories together Kinza. Leave it in His hands. If it's supposed to happen it will happen,Allah knows what's best for us, maybe by making us suffer something, there's something good for us behind it. He is the All-knower."

"I.. I.. don't remember my last convo with my abbu.."

It was like Kinza was talking in a trance. She felt hurt forming in her throat and she blinked her eyes rapidly to stop the tear. And that worked really well for her. Sometimes, she couldn't help but think that why of all people she knew, she has psychological amnesia.

"But you have your childhood memories. Right?"

"Yea, am I being ungrateful?"

"You are the most grateful person, I have come across Kinza. I can't imagine how patience I will be if I were to lose my dad, God forbid."

"Sshh.. don't say that."

"Lets get some sleep."With that they both went into a peaceful sleep in each others warmth.

"Dani.. "

Daniyal was deep asleep when Kinza called him.

"Mhmm.."

"I have a question?"

"Umm.."

Kinza looked at him as she kept her chin on his chest and waited for him to open his eyes.

"Dani.."She called carassing his light stubble cheeks.

"What is it?"He asked as his fluttered open not even for a second.

"How can you fall into so deep sleep within seconds. Hphmm."Kinza mumbled.

"Hmmm."Daniyal smiled asking her to go back to sleep.

"But answer me first."

"Okay, what is it?"He asked finally looking at her.

"Our heartbeats. Is it lub dub lub dub or dhak dhak dhak dhak?"

Asking with utmost curiosity, she bit her lower lip not to burst out laughing at the way Daniyal was glaring at her.

"Seriously? What kind of a question is that?"