chapter13

*check out the emerald leaf ring in the pic, above.*

____

Safina hadn't woken up the entire ride back home and when Kinza tried to wake her up she mumbled incoherent words to let her sleep ,kinza sighed resting her head at the seat pondering over her conversation with Daniyal. When he had shown up in hospital, to say she was surprised would be an understatement. Her stomach did weird kinds of somersaults and she felt happy that he cared for her. Not that aunty, uncle and safina didn't cared for her but it was different. She thought she hated him with a passion because of what he did five years back then. They had been bestfriends ever since heena and AbdulRahman decided to be her guardian after her Abbu got into an accident and went into coma when Kinza was ten. Her chachu and chachi couldn't care less for their niece and she was happy that she chose Heena aunt and AbdulRahman uncle as her guardian for she knew that her chachu, chachi didn't liked to take care of her because of financial problems.

Kinza was ten when she came to live in the Rahman villa. Daniyal and Kinza had become best friends and it took a few months for her to befriend him. She was always lost in her deep thoughts; Worrying about her Abbu. She couldn't share her pain, her feelings, her emotions with anybody. But she felt that she could open up to Daniyal, heena and abdulrahman as they were trying hard to break her cocoon in which she was living.

And as time passed by she felt a mothers love in heena aunty and a father's care in AbdulRahman uncle. Of course a good friend in Daniyal. Both of them would compete with each other in scoring top ranks even though they were in different classes but it was fun. Daniyal would be in top five and Kinza was always the top ranker. She would tease him that he couldn't beat her in rank. But he would take the credit of kinza's rank as he used to help her in maths and science.

Dani, you won't be able to get in top three ranks, ever." Kinza said sticking her tongue out at him.

"And you wouldn't have got high score if I didnt help you in maths and science."He said defending himself.

"Don't you dare take the credit, you didn't write in my exam paper. I wrote it with my hand."

"Oh really, I wrote my exams with my legs."

"Auntyyyy, ask Dani to stop it."

"Mommmm, ask Kinza to stop it."

"Stop mimicking me!"Kinza said with an eye roll.

"Stop mimicking me!" Daniyal mimicked controlling his laugh and kinza barged out of the room in annoyance.

He had also gifted her the same emerald ring which her Abbu had gifted her on her ninth birthday and she had lost it after a few years.On her fifteenth birthday when She opened her Almirah to take a look at her ring, which She hand kept safely; and never wore it as it was quite small.  She was in hysterics when she couldn't find that ring and It was all credit to his drawing and sharp memory power that he drew the same emerald ring and somehow had made the jeweller,  design the same ring and had gifted her.

But when they had fight after her abbu's death and Daniyal broke their friendship, she didn't like to keep his gifted ring and she gave it back to Daniyal before he left to London for his further studies and he didn't want to take the ring back. Kinza knew that he regretted hurting her but she never gave him a chance to hear him out. Never.

________________

"What's up Kinza?" Safina asked after they had lunch and were sitting in the basement playing UNO.

"Ceiling and fan and lights."She joked placing a draw two card.

"OMA, I didn't know that, I thought we had carpets up. " Safina replied sarcastically taking two cards and grinned evilly as she had gotten draw four. "Am asking about you and Daniyal." She continued staring at her.