Chapter21

"There is difference between genuinely loving someone and loving someone only when they give you attention."
-Unknown.

~

'Dear readers, pls do not waste your time, reading unnecessary things.The blessed month of ramdan has arrived and it won't wait but this book can wait.'

Heena was in debate with herself. Daniyal and Abdul Rahman had asked her to talk to Kinza but she didn't want to upset her by asking about it. On the other hand, she was also worried because of Ghaffor. After a long moment, after her mind and heart decided to conclude the debate, she decided to talk to Kinza.

"Kinza.."She called out, knocking on her door. Kinza was doing her braid with a soft smile on her lips. She had enjoyed the evening very much. It reminded her of those days when she would play water balloon fight with her Abbu and Daniyal. Sometimes Uncle Abdul Rahman would join with them.
She had changed a lot since her Abbu's death.

She was that mischievous girl who would play pranks on everybody at home however now she had built so many layers to herself that no matter how many are peeled, there is still something under. But today, she felt like her happy and cheerful self. The old, real Kinza.

"Hmm?"Kinza asked her questionably.

"I will braid your hair beta,"Heena said and Kinza nodded getting up from her place and sat in the floor while Heena sat on the couch. Kinza noticed that Heena aunty was lost in her thoughts, much to the fact that she didn't hear her when she called her.

"Aunty.."This time Kinza called a little louder.

"Huh?"Heena frowned braiding her hair.

"Are you okay? You look disturbed!" She looked up at her after Heena had done with her braid.

"I was thinking, would you like to call me mom?"Heena blurted out before she could process what she was saying. Kinza looked at her with confusion written all over her face. Kinza hadn't called mom or ammi or anything like that to anybody in her whole life and neither had Heena asked her. Heena wished that Kinza would understand what she was implying.

"Kinza.. ?" Heena shook Kinza's shoulders gently as she was lost in her reverie.

"All of a sudden?!" It was rhetorical statement. Kinza wished that it wasn't in the context as she was thinking it to be. Maybe she was wrong. Maybe Heena aunty want her to call her ammi as she didn't have daughter. Yes, that must be it. Since Kinza was like a daughter to her, she must have felt the need to be adressed as "ammi" by her daughter. Without further hesitation, she nodded in affirmative. It was the least she could do for Heena aunt. She was like a mother to her in every aspect. Heena smiled and hugged her. Although she knew very well why she had agreed, she didn't want to ask Kinza anything about Daniyal or about the promise.

Kinza too wished that Heena aunt won't bring up that topic.

"But it will take some time to call you Mom, as I am used to call you aunty," Kinza said as they broke the hug.

"I can understand,"Heena said dabbing at her tears; tears of happiness.

"Lets have something hot in this cold weather! Safina is preparing coffee and hot chocolate. What would you like?" Heena asked politely, internally relieved.

"Hot chocolate and pakoras please. I will be down in a minute; I have to take my things from my room,"Kinza said and Heena nodded before they walked out of the room. Kinza had shifted to the room downstairs after she had fainted. Uncle Abdul Rahman didn't want to take risk with her health. Although she missed sleeping in her room, Uncle had insisted and promised her that after a few days she could go back to her room, which had everything in her favourite colour, purple and white.