43.1

"Hey Jayd," Simon says softly as he enters the room. It's comforting to see him. He makes me feel a little more peaceful.

"Sim," I whisper back before hugging him. I wrap my arms around his torso, burying my head in his chest. "I love you too."

He had said it.

Earlier.

Last month.

The words still echo in my head, and I don't know if he meant it or not, but I do.

I love Simon.

Completely.

"You remember?" Simon asks before resting his head on top of mine. It was a question, but neither of us need an answer. He now knows that I love him, and I assume he loves me. "I do love you Jayd."

Tears well up in my eyes, and I hug him tighter, trying to just escape into a different world, with him.

One where my brother is fine.

My thoughts are soon cut off, by a long beep. The usual constant beeps stopping, turning into one long one.

"No," I whisper before pulling away from Simon and running to my brother's side. I grab his hand, praying he's not gone. Cuts are still all over his face, but they're close to being healed.

A whole bunch of nurses and doctors run into the room, surrounding us. I ignore them.

"Please get her out of here," one says to Simon before his arms are wrapped around my waist. He starts pulling me away from Jake, so I start to struggle.

"No, no please," I scream, my voice hoarse. "Please, Simon. Please."

He's pulled me out of the room and into the hallway by now. I'm sobbing and this time he's pulled me into a hug.

I still struggle, pushing against his chest weakly.

"I can't leave my brother. Simon, please," I beg, but he continues to hug me. "Please, he can't leave me. I need him."

"Miss Summers?" a doctor asks, walking out of my brother's room. I couldn't hear or see anything after they shut the door.

Only one thought is on my mind.

Jake is dead.

"Your brother is awake," he says and it suddenly feels like I can breathe again. Tears fall from my eyes, rolling down my cheeks.

I quickly stand up and run into his room. A nurse is by each of his sides. One moves so that I can stand next to him.

"Jakey," I whisper. He smiles at me  weakly before I take his hand and squeeze it, knowing I can't hug him without hurting him or getting in the nurses' way. "I missed you."

"I missed you too," he says quietly, and I smile. Hearing his voice is the most comforting thing.

His eyes focus on something behind me, me knowing it's Simon. He smiles before looking at me, almost as if he approves.

"Go home, Jay," Jake says to us now that the nurses are out of the room. Simon and I are sitting in the chairs and we've been here for quite awhile. It makes me feel guilty that I've kept Simon away from his editing, uploading, recording, and whatever else he does.

"I can't leave you," I mutter while Simon grabs my hand, wanting to comfort me in any possible way.

"Jay, I'm awake now. It's okay, you can go home and relax for a bit," he announces, and I glance at Simon.

"Can I stay with you?" I ask, not wanting to seem needy. I just don't want to go home right now.

"Of course," Simon whispers causing Jake to smile.

"Are you dating yet, or are you still a thing?" Jake asks causing me to look down, embarrassed.

"We're still a thing," Simon says, and Jake rolls his eyes.

"One of you grow a pair and ask the other out already," he laughs causing me to smile. He's still really bubbly, and that makes me happy.

"Josh, Vik, JJ, I'm home," Simon shouts as soon as we've entered the house. I haven't been here in so long.

I soon hear footsteps coming down the stairs, confusing me. Usually, they wouldn't even reply, let alone come downstairs. They're coming out of their caves. I feel like a proud mother.

"Jayden," JJ whispers before pulling me into a hug. I realise that Simon must have texted them and told them what happened.

"Group hug," Josh shouts before the four men have wrapped themselves around me.

8.22.16

3/8

oml

who thought he was gonna die?

jay said I love you

simon said it before, and I'm really surprised nobody caught that...

so many thing happened in this chapter wow

tysfm for 8k

I can't thank you enough :)

aspen <3