You're so pathetic Iris!" I heard my mother yelled. I shivered to the thought of what she might do to me. She came storming into the living room. "Guess where your father went?" She asked.

   I kept quiet because I knew the answer. I just sat there on the couch like a helpless child. She stomped her feet over to where I was sitting and smacked my face. I gasped as tears flowed down my face. I held my hand to my face where it stings the most.

  "I want you out of my face!" She spat. I quickly got up, but I guess I wasn't fast enough since she yanked my hair and started to drag me upstairs. She opened one of the empty rooms and threw me in there like a rag dog and closed the door shut. I crawled to the corner and grip my legs up to my chin and rocked myself to sleep.

I started to sob from the horrific scene that played in my head like a broken vinyl. I felt like I should run. I wanted to run away from all this pain and torture that was keeping my hostile in my own brain. I glanced around in the corridor filled with useless items. Almost like me. Something caught my eye though. There was the female in a ripped dress that I noticed from the other morning.      

Freaking out once again, I quickly moved myself up off the floor and ran my way out of the narrow place. I managed to make my way to the backstage without the strange man making more strange comments. I came to a halt when I noticed that the back stage was filled with an ample amount of people. The smoke didn’t help either, everyone here seems to have their own poison, but everyone just picked the same old cigarettes

I attempt to make my way to the back door, but the crowd was holding me back. As I struggled to escape, every now and then some person would grab my arm and ask if I wanted some beer or a cigarette myself.

  The sweat was coming back to me and my hands start to shake promptly and then it was a domino effect. My legs felt like they are turning into jelly. I look around frantically and to my left, I burst out the back door.

   Right as I stepped outside, I heard chanting.  

"Pierce the Veil! Pierce the Veil! Pierce the Veil!"Indicating the boys was on stage. It was all too loud. I could hear pounding on the drum, which I assumed to be was Mike starting the song.

When my eyes landed on the one thing I wanted, I couldn’t be any more elated to see Vic’s truck, and then even more when I saw his red hoodie lying on the floor of it once I got in.

   After I regain confidence and cooled down from the panic attack, I got out of the truck and made my way to the front of the building. It was already dark out, and only the street lights were lighting my way.

  There were a few people walking around on the sidewalks considering the beach was only two yards away. I opened up the doors to the pub and walked in.

    My jaw dropped when I saw how many teenagers there was, there had to be forty kids. More than the last time I was out on the stage helping out.

  Wiggling my way through the sweaty crowd, I finally made my way to the front of the stage. The boys were dripping in sweat as they played there instruments with deep passion.

    I softly smiled at the song that they were playing. I remembered when Vic played it for me a long time ago. He was so proud of how the song came together.

"I don't care if your beautiful lips 
Exist out there 'cause I'm wonderless 
Why the best can't make it in Hollywood 
No more

And I can't wait just to see you again
And your two faces are locked on mine
Had the worst time chasing the thought away
No hope 

My mistakes I've made won't leave me alone
Oh no" Vic sung into the mic.