Chapter 41: Burglar

Aria's POV

My eyes flutter open and I catch a glance of my parents with their arms around each other next to me. The clock reads 1:27 am so I yawn and walk to my bedroom, leaving my dads to cuddle on the couch. I crawl into bed and get back to sleep.

The next morning

I wake up to sunlight shining in through my window. I open my drowsy eyes and sit up, looking around the room. I don't hear anyone in the flat so I creep unto the lounge to find a note on the counter. It read:

We went to the grocery store to pick up some things. We may stop by a bar or something to get a small drink but I promise we will be back soon.
Love you,
Dan

I set the note back down and fix myself a bowl of cereal. Getting myself comfortable on trn couch, I eat my cereal and watch supernatural.

As I'm watching, I hear a door slowly cream open. I know it's not my dads because it was 9 am and they couldn't possibly be back so soon. Fear rushes over me as I ponder (of come thing great lmao sns) that it could be a burglar or something. I listen for the noise and come to conclusions as its coming from the front door. I slowly tip toe down the hallway and into my bedroom as I quietly close and lock my bedroom door. I make sure every door is locked, along with the windows, as I get under my bed. I can't think of anything else to do so I just hide there. I slowly and quietly pull out my phone and text my dads.

Guys, I think there's someone in the flat. I'm under my bed with the door locked. What do I do?

Almost immediately I get a reply from Phil.

We will be there as soon as we can. Don't move from that spot and if he comes into your room, sty as still and silent as you can. Don't make ANY noise at all. You have pepper spray in your drawer. If you can, grab it just in case. We are coming.

I gulp and shut off my phone. I slowly slide from beneath my bed and as I look up to get he pepper spray, a figure in a black mask grabs ahold of me, holding his hand over my mouth. My eyes widen as I muffle a scream. I can't see the figure's face because of the mask.

He picks me up and slugs me over his shoulder.  I don't know what he does but in no time, I'm out cold.

Author's Note:

Sorry not sorry.

Sorry for not updating, though. I will update again soon. I'm sooooo busy. Thanks guys and please rate and give me tips for the next chapter!! Bye.💗