(26) Aa Raat Bhar

Aliyah's POV:

I turned on my heel to face my bedroom. Siddharth had already gone back down from the balcony.

Smiling a stupid smile, my eye caught a flashing red light from my bed. My hand reached out for it, until I heard a faint creaking sound appear from the staircase...someone's awake.

Acting quick, I jumped back into bed, not leaving a trace of being awake. The floor creaked outside my door softly before heading back.

I felt my tensed muscles relax underneath my blanket, which I had soon thrown off.

I got ready as quickly as I could, tiptoeing my way down the stairs and exiting through the door. Safe.

I could see Siddharth leaning against what seemed awfully like a bike out of one of those Dhoom movies.

"Sidd! Where did you get that?!" I gasped, gesturing to the vehicle.

"Ah, that," Sidd gave me a sheepish smile before replying, "my cousin is staying over, I borrowed it from him for the night."

I placed my hands on my hips, "And does that 'borrowing' of yours including asking?"

"Of course it....doesn't."

"Sidd!"

"But it's alright with him!"

"How can you know that?!"

"Because he sleeps like a sloth!" He yelled.

I sighed, surrendering to his excuses.

"Fine, but we're only borrowing this for an hour, okay?" I said as Sidd began sitting down.

"Yeah, sweetheart." He smirked and I playfully punched him on the back.

"Come on, give me the best birthday ever." I retorted as he started the bike.

"Wait, do you know how to drive it?" I questioned, and he shrugged.

"Got a few lessons here and there, can't be that hard right."

"Wait-" the engine gave a loud roar of excitement before speeding off.

The wind screeched past my face as I adjusted my view to the blurry sight. Clutching onto Sidd tightly, I felt my worries soon escape me slowly.

Gradually, I let the thrill control me, balancing my hands on Sidd's shoulder, I stood up and let go of my fears.

Siddharth had sped up by then, and I felt all my problems escape me.

It felt like I was flying, the world around me zooming past. The cool air condensing on my face and for a second, I felt like a complete different person.

Siddharth; after a few minutes, stopped in front of a shed, where they were selling pani puri and bhel puri.

Siddharth gave, what seemed like to me, a hundred bucks, and the man nodded before serving us with two full platters of pani puri.

"Okay, so we're gonna have a race, whoever can eat the most will win!" Siddharth said.

"What's in it for me?" I asked cheekily.

"The winner gets to ask whatever from the loser and the loser has to give it without any objections." He grinned.

"That's more like it." I grinned back. Hurriedly, we both began eating as much as we could.

Plates after plates were being emptied. By what seemed like the 1000th pani puri, but was in fact just the thirtieth, Siddharth had began groaning.