(16) New Boy With Glasses

Aliyah's POV:

The sunlight hit me on the face as I felt a humongous headache crawl into my head.
I clutched my head and looked around, my eyes adjusting to the bright light. That's when I noticed Sidd asleep.

I tried to remember what happened the night before, but couldn't get myself to. My headache was only increasing as tried getting off my bed without waking Sidd up.

I smiled at his cute sleeping figure. Unfortunately, I realised that my legs were paralysed, and I fell off the bed, waking Sidd up in the process.

"Wha...?" He looked down and I smiled apologetically at him.

"Sorry I woke you up.." I said, getting up.

"It's alright," He rubbed his eyes.

Then it clicked me.

"Sidd, can I ask you something?" He nodded still sleepy.

"What...happened last night?" At the mention of my question, his cheeks heated a deep scarlet.

"Um...why do you want to know that..." He gave a nervous laugh.

"Dunno, all I remember is playing Truth Or Dare then nothing. So I was confused as to how I ended up here and why you are here too.." I said.

"Um, you really don't remember?" He asked. I nodded to which he seemed sort of disappointed at.

"Basically, you were...er...really sleepy and....I decided to take you here...but then..I hadn't noticed when I fell asleep," He paused between the sentence.

"Oh!" I grabbed my clean uniform and went inside the bathroom.

"Gotta get changed, catch you later!" I waved then went inside the bathroom.

I heard the door of the room slam shut after Siddharth said bye and left.

........

School was boring and just a pain the neck. The fact that I couldn't get rid of the headache just made the matters worse.

So, deciding to take a small stroll, I walked out the entrance, gazing at a particular spot, where the sun shined the brightest.

I smiled and started walking up and down again, when I noticed a humanoid figure running up the parking area with a massive suitcase. As he got close, I noted his features. He had bright blue eyes, and wore glasses. His clothes were old fashioned, and he was dragging a giant maroon suitcase behind him.

He rushed past me and into the entrance, and seemed somewhat familiar.

I went back in, realising that it was time for my final lesson. I walked past the reception area, where the boy was talking, panting, then talking again.

"Suresh Abhinav?" The receptionist asked.
The boy adjusted his glasses and nodded.

"Suresh, your room is B45, okay?" The receptionist said.

Suresh nodded and was going to go when he noticed me. He gave me a smile, showing me his blue braces.

"Hi," I greeted.

"Hello ji. Myself Suresh Pratap Abhinav," He said.

I smiled and introduced myself.

"I'm Aliyah, nice to meet you.".

"Um, Aliyah ji, can you show me my room please?" He had a nice rajasthani accent.

"Yeah sure, just follow me." I guided him to B45 and he thanked me.

"Aliyah ji?" I stopped and looked at him.

"What lesson do you have next?" He asked.

"I have Drama." I answered.

"Drama! Oh great ji, we can see each other soon again!" He cried.

"Yeah, will do." I waved goodbye and returned back to classes.

.....

"What's his name?" Ayaan questioned as he chucked another crisp into his mouth.

"Suresh," I replied.

"Suresh? And you invited him and others here?".

"Yeah," I confirmed.

"Oh good. The more the merrier," He smiled and leaned back.

There was a knock and I went to get it.

Tunisha, Reem, Sumedh and Faisal had arrived. I politely invited them in and we chatted for a bit until another knock was heard.

I opened the door and Suresh smiled at me.

"Hello ji," He greeted and I let him in.

Immediately everyone got up to meet and greet him.

"Hey, where's Sidd?" I asked after all the introductions were done.

"Hmm, he said he was coming," Sumedh said, and just then, a knock was heard.

I opened the door and revealed Sidd. He smiled his dazzling smile and I almost forgot that I was blocking the way.

I let him in and looked for Suresh. He was shifting uncomfortably, and seemed to be looking away.

"Suresh?" I tapped him lightly and he looked at me

"This is Siddharth," I moved to the side so Sidd and Suresh can have a better view.

The moment Sidd saw Suresh, his expression changed from friendly to shocked. Suresh grinned, showing his braced teeth and Sidd shook his head, as though he felt almost paranoid.

"Hi, I'm Sidd," He extended his hand for Suresh to shake.

"Hello Sidd ji," Suresh gave a 'namaste' greet to which Sidd smiled and returned.

Before the gathering could proceed, a announcement was heard from the speakers placed in the corridors.

"Please, can all the students proceed to the grand hall please,".

Everyone gave each other puzzled looks and went to the assembly, where the teachers would often give me stern looks.

I sat down on a seat and looked at the giant screen that loomed above me.

My eyes widened in shock as I stared at the scene in front of me.

Recorded from the CCTV camera, was a video of a girl and a boy kissing.

It was of me and Sidd......