(30) 3 Years Later!!

3 years later:

It's been almost 3 years since I last saw him. Three years since I broke his heart. Three years since the last time I felt love.

The cold air of the New York City chilled again on my reddening cheeks. I heaved a sigh, watching the white puff of air swirl around until it disappeared.

The striped scarf around my neck wasn't producing much heat, neither was the thick coat. My fingers were still cold under the gloves and I could hear the whistling of air under my earmuffs.

I sipped the latte, the warm drink heating up my interiors.

The park was often quiet in cold weather. Occasionally, a few people would jog by either alone or with their dogs. They would smile at me, a teenage girl sitting alone on a wooden bench sipping coffee, and I would return the gesture.

But really, it was all a mask.

I would drop by the park once in a while, thinking in the cold atmosphere about my past. My past...

I shook my head, ridding any ridiculous thoughts about my past. Why was I still dwelling on on this when I was sure that he has already moved on.

I wasn't sure though. After I had moved back to New York, I had stopped watching any filmy news, or watching shows. It just pained me to think that I was once part of it....

I felt someone sit on the other side of the bench, huffing from a run...probably a jogger.

"I thought I'd find you here." The familiar voice spoke up.

I shifted my gaze from the ground to meet a pair of chocolate eyes.

Ayaan had really changed over the years. His shoulders had broaden, he had even formed dimples. His height had grown immensely and I was sort of shocked when I measured my height against his.

Ayaan and his family had transfered to America a month after I had. He said my family and his had decide that.

I didn't really mind. It was like I had a friend to share some thoughts with.

"It's a nice weather." I took another sip.

"Nice weather?! It's almost minus four degrees out here." He shivered.

I smiled. "The coolness of the weather just makes my brain sink and become calm." I said.

"Ah, that makes sense. I guess after hearing that, it sorta makes sense." He said.

"Hmm," I looked at the steam coming out of my Starbucks carton.

"Let's go home," he stood up, stretching his limps.

"Yeah, let's go home, we have school tomorrow anyways." I said, beginning to make my way home.

♡♡♡

"OMG, can you, like, believe it's the last day of our exams. Like, I was getting tired of all that shit."

"Language Katie,"

"Sorry Miss."

I was in the library with my two besties, Nandini and Katie.

Nandini was your average sports girl. She was sporty and healthy....just not so brainy.

Katie was your total diva. She had on, if not, fifty layers of makeup and has had at least five plastic surgeries.

"This is the library you two, at least be quiet," I whispered, getting back to my book.

"Why are we even here? I mean, the jocks are playing footie on the ground. I can actually stare at Josh for a good few minutes." Katie argued back, making sure to keep quiet.

"Yeah, Ally, Katie is right. I could be joining them right now. You know I love football." Nandini agreed.

I shut the book, turning my attention to my friends.

"I think the two of you are forgetting that we are in a group, and we need to finish off the assignment by tomorrow." I smirked at their shocked faces.

"Yeah, you know what, I'm gonna help Ally." Nandini said, grabbing books after books.

"Fine, I'll search it up." And so, both the girls began helping me.

"OMG!!" Katie squealed, standing up.

"Shhhhh!!"

"Oh, sorry..." she sat back down, and I couldn't tell the blush on her cheeks was real or just makeup.

"What's wrong?" I whispered.

Katie looked at me happily. "Dark Knight is coming to Hollywood!" She said.

I raised my eyebrow.

"Dark Knight?" I asked, amused.

"Yeah, come on Ally, you're Indian, you should know about the hottest and the-"

"Sportiest-" Nandini added.

"And the most handsome teenage actor!" Katie concluded, ignoring Nandini completely.

"Why the Dark Knight as the name?" I asked.

"Not sure. Something happened years ago and ever since he said he wouldn't use his name. Instead people nicknamed him the Dark Knight. Mainly because he has a cold attitude and has secretly donated over a million bucks for people who need heart surgeries!"

I sighed as she fangirled.

"So, why is he coming to Hollywood?" I asked.

"Because he got a fat contract to star in a blockbuster movie!"

"Um, okay. Now let's get back to business."

♡♡♡

The New York crowd was different compared to India. There were loud cars, loud people and loud signs.

Everyone were always in a rush, to get away from their lives. It seemed depressing.

I had finished school on a nice note, ending our project successfully. Now I was hurrying home, just like all these people.

Just then, I felt a large force on my left shoulder. "Ow!" I yelped, clutching my sore shoulder.

"Sorry." The voice was mature, rough and....familiar.

I looked up, my eyes meeting a pair of hazel.

I gasped.

There in front of me stood my past, my ex, the guy I fell in love with.

Siddharth Nigam.

So today's special update is because of this very amazing day....HAPPY B'DAY SIDD!!

Yeah, so I've been uploading in the past week because of this day...yeah so, c ya!!