CHAPTER 10: Against the current

"IT'S NICE TO BE BACK HOME!" Terrence exclaimed once his back felt the softness of his bed. Kami naman ni Ex ay nanatiling nakatayo sa loob ng silid habang nakamasid lang kay Terrence. "Come on, why are your faces like that? Aren't you happy we're back here?" He now sat up on his bed with his legs crossed. Ex just shook his head in disbelief. How could we be happy in a situation like this?

"You're hopeless. We're not back here to rest. We need to get ready for the operation," I said. Hindi ko inaasahan na magiging ganito sila ka-kalmado sa kabila ng mabigat na operasyong sasagupain namin sa mga susunod na araw.

"Ang seryoso n'yo masyado. For the next three days, we should relax. Don't spend your time worrying about the mission. You'll just stress yourself out."

"Pero—" I was cut off when Ex raised his hand to shut me up. Minsan talaga napapa-isip ako kung lalaki ba tingin nito sa akin. He could really be harsh most of the time.

"No more buts. That's an order," he commanded with his captain aura emanating in him. He sure knew how to be authoritative.

"Are you using your authority over me now, huh?"

"If that will make you stop from whining, then I am."

"Fine," I said as I shoved his shoulder and walked towards Terrence's bed. Wala akong magagawa. He's one rank higher than me. I was obliged to follow.

Pissed and tired, I sat at the edge of the bed and pushed Terrence off the bed causing him to fall on the floor—hard with a thud. Napaungol naman ito sa sakit habang hawak-hawak ang likuran.

"Ouch! Why do you have to do that?!" He asked while standing up. His hair was a mess now. Napalakas yata ang pagkakatulak ko sa kanya. Too bad for him. I was pissed and he's the nearest prey whom I could vent my frustration.

"Because someone has to do that." I couldn't help myself but snarl at him. Dahil hindi ko magawang kay Ex ako mag-vent, sa kanya na lang.

"Hindi mo naman kailangang gawin 'yon. If you want to sleep beside me, you could've just asked me. I can always share my bed with you."

"I'll take your bed, so move out." I said in monotone acting like a superior.

Never would I share bed with him or any other guys. Maalala ko lang 'yong 'cuddle' scene nila ni Ex, kinikilabutan na ako. Besides, he offered his room to me before; I could use it while I was here.

"This is my room, so I'll stay here," he insisted and pushed me aside.

Before I could struggle him, he already lied on the bed pretending to be asleep. He even faked a snore. What a gentleman he was! I was in no mood to play his game. Masyadong nakakapagod ang araw na ito.

"Okay. You left me with no choice but to share Ex's room, then." Bumaling ako kay Ex na nakatayo pa rin sa may pintuan. Tila nahihimigan ang plano ko, he just smirked at me before running towards his room. Childish jerk!

I stood up and was about to take a step when suddenly Terrence grabbed my arm and pulled me to his bed. Grinning like a kid, I tried to get up, but Terrence was stopping me.

"No! You'll have this room. I'll share with him." He sounded serious now. I tried so hard to stifle my laughter. He's so gullible!

"All right. It's settled then. Bye!"

I pushed him out of his room and locked the door. I burst into laughter once I closed the door. These guys were impossible! I couldn't imagine how I could cope with their changing moods and personalities. I hoped I could get out sane and alive here.