Masqued

***Yeah, yeah, new story, I know! But this one is going to be totally different, seeing as it has no people with powers...or wanting to take over the world...or dreams of the future...you get the idea, right? I just need to have something that's a normal teen romance...and this is what I got! Oh, this is going to be so much fun!

So it's my pleasure to introduce you to...

*awesome drum roll*

Masqued!***

Prologue

My heart was beating in time with the music, body thumping with the bass that I could feel through the floor under my black combat boots. I could feel the sweat running down my back, though I could feel the cool air from the fan behind me against my skin through the long, horizontal slits that were cut into the back of my t-shirt. At least my legs were cool in my short skirt and fishnet stockings.

People were screaming my name as they danced to the beat I created for them. I watched with a slight smile on my face as they danced on the floor just a few feet below and in front of me. A few people were even trying to get to the booth just to touch me, their arms outstretched. The team of five security guys were trying to keep them at bay.

The different colored lights pulsed and changed with the beat of the music. I moved my headphones back so that they were only covering one ear and pressed a few keys on my Mac, changing the tempo of the music and adding my own little flare on the next song that came on. I was careful not to let my headphones hit my black and purple sequined mask, which kept my identity secret from all of these people.

Because to them, I was the hottest DJ in all of New York City. They would follow me to whichever club or party I was playing at the next weekend and wait at the doors for hours before the clubs even opened.

Pressing a few more keys, I changed the music to an upbeat violin intro to the next song. Everyone started screaming, realizing that I was just getting started. The addition of the violin music to the songs was my forte and everyone loved it.

I grabbed the mic in my hand, smiling at the crowd, who were screaming my name back at me.

"So are you guys ready for an awesome night?" I yelled. And when they screamed and yelled, I threw one arm up, pointing to the ceiling, and pressed enter on my keyboard with the other to start the new song.

The energy of the people, the pulsing beat of the song...this was what I loved about this life.

My secret life as DJ Masque.

***So that was just a little teaser! Didn't you just love it? :D

The song on the side is from one of my favorite movies of all time, Step Up! It's Show Me the Money by Petey Pablo!

I'm more than likely going to post the first chapter either tomorrow night or the next day, so be on the lookout for it!

So can I get some comments, votes, and likes?!? You know me! I love those!***