Chapter 18: New Friends

- Somewhere at Akiko and Kazuto's school -

"So you'll help me get him, right?" The purple haired girl looked into the other girl's black scheming eyes.

"Right. I just need to know some things to help you," The other girl said, also looking into her green eyes.

"Like what? Kazuto already has plans to go to Kyoto, but he won't get in. He wants to go to college with Asuna, but we won't let that happen," The purple haired girl said.

"Exactly. Do you know anything else?" The girl with black eyes asked. She in fact had no interest in helping the girl, she had another reason in mind.

"He texts Asuna and face times her with his phone. They also play virtual reality games to connect. What else do you need to know? You went to school with him and spent time with him, so you should know most things," The girl was growing impatient. She glanced out the school window and saw the beautiful sakura trees blowing in the breeze.

"When is he applying for college? What time does he usually spend time with or face time Asuna?" She pursued the purple haired girl with more questions.

"Well, he's going to send the application next week, and he usually calls or face times Asuna around 7:00," Akiko answered, averting her attention back to the girl.

"Hmm. Also, I need you to do one more thing in order for me to help you," She focused only on Akiko.

"And what is that?" Akiko asked.

"You have to apply to Kyoto University."

"Wait, why? Wouldn't it be easier if I went to the college Kazuto's going to?" The purple haired girl was confused.

"If you go to Asuna's college, you can warn her and lie to her about Kazuto. Think about it, you could convince Asuna to break up with Kazuto and do all sorts of things. It'll make it much easier," The black eyed girl thought to herself about how it would be easier for her as well.

"Yeah, I guess you're right," Akiko said.

"Then it's a deal. I'll go to his college, and you'll go to Asuna's," The girl threw out her hand.

"Deal," Akiko also threw out her hand. They shook hands and nodded.

"I'll get Kazuto for you, so just wait."

"Right."

The two girls teamed up with two different ideas. Akiko was assured that her partner would get Kazuto for her, but the girl was indeed just using her for the information. The two walked away both confident in their plans.

"This will be perfect. With this information, I'll have Kirito in my arms without a doubt," The mysterious girl smiled to herself, "That stupid girl totally fell for my plan."

***

Kazuto smiled as he ate his ramen. He had called Asuna earlier to talk about college and to tell her that he was planning on submitting an application to go to Kyoto. He knew that with his grades he would have trouble getting in, but he was still determined to try. His second choice would be to go to the University of Tokyo, which would be easier and closer to where they used to live. He was also going to submit an application to there, just in case he didn't get into Kyoto.

Kazuto had just started his senior year at his new school. He knew quite a few more people now since he first came, and he managed to make a new friend that was a boy.

"Hey Kazuto, you almost done? We gotta go if we want to get to that virtual reality convention," his new friend, Kai, advised him as he finished his ramen.