Chapter 17: College

*Asuna's POV*

- 2 months later -

"Do you need any help with your bags, Miss Asuna?" A maid asked.

"No, thank you," I replied, smiling. It was finally the day I moved out of the house.

I hauled my things to the car. My mother and father were both waiting silently by the car. I rarely saw my father, since he was always away for business, so this surprised me.

"Father! You're here!" I ran up to him, hugging him.

"Asuna! Wow, you're finally all grown up. You'll do great in the business world, just like your brother," He smiled.

I frowned, "But...where is Kou?"

"Your brother is on a business trip in America," My mother answered, frowning.

I sighed. I never got to see Kou, he didn't even check in like my father. He was always on business trips for my father's company.

When I was younger, he used to play with me. I remember sitting with him under the sakura trees. We would laugh, and play silly games until our parents called us in. 

"I'm gonna get you, Kou-chan!" I laughed, chasing him.

"Ha ha, catch me if you can!"

I  ran around the tree chasing him. Suddenly I realized we were going in circles, so I turned around. We bumped into each other.

We fell to the ground laughing.

"That was fun!" I giggled.

"Asuna! Are you even listening?" My mother yelled at me.

"Huh? Oh! Sorry, I must've dozed off," I wiped the tears that had formed at my eyes.

My mother huffed, "Well, what I was trying to say was that we better get going or we'll miss the orientation."

"O-Okay," I obeyed and got into the car.

Before I closed the door, my father said, "Asuna. Before you go um...one more hug?"

"Of course, dad," I walked over to him and gave him a big hug. Then I got back to the car and waved.

"I'll miss you," He wiped his eyes and waved, "Have a good time, sweetheart."

"Goodbye! Thank you!" I waved to all of the maids. I smiled.

My mother rolled up the windows. I sighed, but then thought about what was to come.

I begged my mother to let me see Kazuto one last time, and she eventually agreed. For the past two months our relationship was going really good and we were back to normal. I would visit him there, and in the virtual world.

I pulled out my phone and texted him that we were on our way. We arrived an hour later.

"You have five minutes with that boy, so make it quick," My mother told me.

"Thanks for letting me see him, mother," I smiled, but she didn't return the look.

I jumped out of the car and ran to the door. I knocked and Kazuto let me in.

I hugged him and said, "I'm here!"

He laughed and kissed me, then said, "So you're off to college right now?"

"Yeah, I am," I said. My smile faltered a little.

"What's wrong? You should be excited to go," Kazuto cupped my cheek and stroked it with his thumb.