Chapter 10: Girl Problems

Hey guys! Okay so before I start chapter 10 I'm going to make an announcement. I'm doing a Q & A! That's right, I'm granting you the chance to ask whatever questions you may have in the comments. If I get enough, I'll publish a separate part for it, maybe even along with another chapter. I'll try to answer everything for you guys, if I can. So after you read this (Or whenever) comment below your questions!

Thanks again! Also, thank you for 3k reads! I was never expecting to get this far, and it's all thanks to you guys. I'm really impressed! <3

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Asuna's POV*

I woke up to the bright sun shining in on my face. I looked at my alarm clock which read 7:45. 

"Uhhh, I don't wanna go to school..." I groaned. I got up anyway to prepare my uniform and sighed. Another boring day without Kazuto...

"Asuna? Your breakfast is ready!" My mother called from downstairs.

"Coming!" I rushed to put on my uniform and lightly brushed my hair, not thinking to restyle it after last night. My braids in the back were messy and tangled, though I could honestly care less about how I looked.

"Asuna! Is that how you're going to school today? I hope not," my mother said when she first saw me, calling a maid over, "What an embarrassment." 

I rolled my eyes as I sat down at the table. The maid instantly started redoing my hair.

I started to eat my breakfast. The maid fumbled with my hair and pulled a little, making me jerk back.

"Hey! I'm trying to eat my breakfast you know..." I forked my sausage once more.

"Oh! Um..s-sorry, miss Asuna.." The maid turned red and quickly finished her job, not daring to look back or stop once she was on her way.

"Sheesh! Asuna, come right home after school today, we have some things to discuss," mom said grimly. Then she walked off to somewhere.

I was alone until I finished, neatly stacking my plate in the sink. My mom was so hard on me sometimes, though it was explainable. I thought back to when I showed her something in the virtual world, and she cried for the first time in years. I've tried to respect her since then, and for the most part, it hasn't been easy. At least she's been a little nicer.

I got to school just in time. I got to my desk at 8:25, five minutes early. I had no one in particular to hang out with, since Rika (Lisbeth)  wasn't in many of my classes. Boys always fawned over me and offered to be my partner, but I always ignored them. A few girls were nice, but they had their own friends.

A girl came over to my desk with her friends "Asuna-san, we should have lunch together sometime! Bring Rika too!" she offered.

"I appreciate the offer, but we'll just stick to our own table," I smiled respectfully. I was fine at our own table, even if it was just me and Lis. (I apologize for having everyone eat together in chapter 3)

"Aww, but you two always look lonely. Well, suit yourself," The girl walked off to her desk. I sighed in relief.

The bell rang, signaling the start of class. Our homeroom teacher walked into the classroom.

-time skip to lunch-

Rika was already there when I sat down at our table. "Hey, Asuna," she said.

"Hey Lis. Why are you here so early?"

"What do you mean? I'm usually here before you!" She glared.