Chapter 11: Injuries and Heart breakers

Well I didn't get any questions, but that's fine. That just means you're not very confused with my story. So in a way, I'm glad. Anyway, enjoy this part!
----------------------------------------------

*Sugu's POV*

"Goodnight," Kizumi said as we stopped at my door. Then he kissed me on the cheek. My face went completely red as he quickly started back down the narrow hallway. I placed my hand on my cheek. Holy crap holy crap he just kissed my cheek!!!

I was freaking out when suddenly Akiko rushed out of Kazuto's room. She was heavily crying. I watched with concern as she started to run down the hallway, opposite of the way Kizumi went.

"Akiko?" I voiced. I doubt she heard me, so instead of standing there I ran after her. I suddenly felt anger on top of my concern. What the hell did Kazuto do to her?!

"Akiko!" I said louder. She stopped running just to look back, but quickly kept on going. I increased my speed.

"Leave me alone!" She yelled back. Her purple hair swished this way and that, and for a second I couldn't help but admire her beauty.

Suddenly her foot hit a chair and she tumbled to the ground.

"Ahh!" She yelped. My hand went to my mouth and I rushed to her.

"Akiko! Are you okay?" Was what I said. Her frail hands went to her ankle and she grasped it, but she only discovered pain from doing so.

"Oww..." She winced. Her face cringed with pain.

"I'm going to get your mom, okay? Stay right here..." I smiled at her as best I could, then got up and found a maid. I asked her to get Mrs. Nanase. She gasped as she saw Akiko sprawled on the floor and quickly ran off to do her duty. Within a few minutes more maids were at Akiko's side too.

"Oh my god," Mrs. Nanase cried out when she saw her daughter.

"Mom..." Akiko managed.

"It's okay sweetie, I'm here now," Mrs. Nanase gently laid Akiko's head on her lap. She stroked her purple hair in a soothing manner.

Akiko squirmed at the sudden pain from her ankle being wrapped.

"I'm sorry, miss! You're almost done.." The maid quickened her work with dismay.

After a little she finally said, "Done! Let me get some ice and will one of you help the mistress lift miss Akiko onto the sofa?"

"Oh! I'll help!" I gratefully offered. A maid started to object but I was already on the task. Me and Mrs. Nanase carefully lifted Akiko onto a plush sofa. I grabbed a cushioned chair and we laid her bad foot on it.

"Thank you so much for your help, Suguha." Mrs. Nanase praised.

"Oh, not a problem! It's the least I can do.." I brushed my hand through my short-cut hair.

Akiko let out her frustration as she started to cry. Her mom caressed her forehead and told her soothing things.

I watched for a little then returned to my room. The moment I stepped into the guest room hall my anger came back, and instead of going to my room I stormed into Kazuto's.

"What's the meaning of all this?!" I yelled at him.

He sat on his bed playing with his fingers, not daring to even look at me. The sight just made me even more angry.

"I'll have you know that she sprained her ankle, she may have even broken it! And who caused it to happen? I do remember her coming out of your room," I was literally pissed.

He stopped playing with his fingers. But instead of looking at me, Kazuto looked out the window. To make matters worse, it was actually raining outside.

"What did you do to her? Come on, just fess up!" I urged him.

"Why do you care?" His voice came very quietly, but was full of emotion.

"I can't just sit around and do nothing while my friend is in pain! And I definitely want to know what my stupid cousin did to her!"

"Fine. I'll tell you," Kazuto turned his head and looked directly at me. Then he averted his gaze to the floor in front of me.

"I think Akiko likes me."

I was taken back a little, but quickly asked, "Then why was she crying?"

"Well...because, umm, she didn't know I had Asuna.."

I gasped. How could he not have told her before hand?

"You broke her heart! You little...!"

Silence filled the room. The only sound you could hear was the pitter-patter of the rain outside.

"You're unbelievable. I'm going to bed," and with that I left the room.

***
*Kazuto's POV*

"Uhh! I'm so sick and tired of everyone!" I threw my pillow to the floor. My breathing got harder, and I reminded myself to take deep breaths.

I hurt someone, I disappointed someone, and I left someone. Why do I always have to mess things up?

"I can't take this bullshit anymore!" I flung myself onto the floor. There I curled up in a ball and cried myself to sleep.