Part 44: Iceland Pt. 4

Start from the beginning

"You don't think she's dead, do you?" She questioned after noticing Matty's change of expression, his hands fiddled while he looked down at them with a hanging jaw. She was ready to be on the edge of tears again, her voice cracking in the end.

"The thought hasn't really crossed my mind to be honest." He shifted in his seat while speaking so quietly she almost couldn't hear him. "Without heat the body shuts down completely. You can get hypothermia. You will keep shivering without being able to move, your pulse will slow down and in the end you'll pass out-,"

Matty stopped for a second while speaking and licked his bottom lip. He didn't even want to continue his explaining and suddenly started to shake his head violently, the curls shaking with him.

"No, no it can't be like this! Life might be sick and we are currently in a living hell of a snowstorm but I swear to god if I lose Y/N, the only one who seems to understand me I mean-, No! There is not the slightest chance that she will be dea-"

It was a rush of emotions that went through Matty's body when his rambles were interrupted by the door opening to the room, Luke walking inside so covered up in snow he was barely recognizable. But what made Matty sigh in relief was the fact that you were in his arms, just as covered up in snow.

"Oh my fucking god." Brittany exclaimed and moved up from the couch, her hands falling in front of her eyes as she proceeded to cry again. Matty barely reacted, hell he didn't have the time for it at all and hurried towards Luke to help get you to the couch.

"I know it's gonna be a stupid question by the circumstances but are you both okay?" He stammered, honestly not really knowing what to do.

"Barely." Luke breathed while removing the snowy clothes from the both of you, starting with himself while Miss. Lauren helped you to get you out of it. "The storm is much worse than now. You can't even move a hand in front of your face to see it."

Matty was barely convinced of the fact that you were alright. Your skin was pale, everything was completely wet from the snow and freezing you, your lips were almost a dark purple and your eyes were barely open.

Hurrying towards a blanket for the both of you he grabbed it from the other couch and wrapped it around you. The thing that was so scary to him was the fact that you were barely moving. Your weren't shuttering, your teeth weren't clasping, there was nothing.

"Where-, where did you find her?" Brittany asked and leaned against the other couch, her mascara making her look like a panda and Luke looked up confused at first by her sudden appearance but afterwards shook the thought.

"She tried to seek shelter but ended up on a bench. I doubt what her plan was but if she kept on walking I'm sure I would not have been able to find her. If it wasn't for the small streetlamp above her casting a shadow over her I wouldn't have been able to find her."

Grabbing both blankets he wrapped them around you instead of himself, having that as the last thing on his mind. Heck, he barely cared about taking off his Sike shirt that seemed to be all covered up in snow from getting through his winter jacket.

"Mr. Hemmings, you need warmth as well you've been out there for longer than fifteen minutes." Miss. Lauren tried to break in but was scolded by Luke.

"I'm fine okay. All we have to worry about right now is Y/N."

And he was true to his words. He didn't remove himself from the couch and neither answered anything until you were looking somehow decent and that did take quite some time. The way your eyes seemed to become more alive the further you cuddled closer to the warm Icelandic blanket and the fireplace next to you doing an amazing work besides the radiators.