Chapter Twenty-Nine: The Night at the Museum.

Still shocked that I have over 1200 reads on ‘Strive’…

I mean, yeah, I worked hard on it, but I published it like, um…. How many months ago? Oh, well, I’m glad! THANK YOU :D

Abaron’s POV~ Urahara’s Shop~

Everything that was supposed to go right has gone wrong. We were supposed to get Orihime back, but in the end, we lost both her and Chad.

Nothing could’ve gone worse.

So now, there was only one thing we could do, and that was return to Urahara’s Shop and think of a new plan in order to get them back. And I swore on my own soul that I would get them back.

“Hey, h-hold on a second! Hey!” Oh. That’s right.

Before we came back to regroup, we made a short detour back to Ichigo’s house to pick up his already-inhabited body. He told me that it was a Mod Soul made during Project Spearhead. The poor thing was going to be destroyed, and to be honest, I’m glad he wasn’t. It just wouldn’t be fair.

“Hey, let go!” With his arm around his human body, Ichigo dragged it into the Shop and into Kisuke’s living area. Pulling out the combat pass that Jūshirō gave him, he pressed it to his back and a green pill came flying out his mouth. Catching it, Ichigo shoved it into the stuffed lion he asked me to hold on to’s mouth. It sprung to life in my hands.

“What’d you have to go and do that for?!” he shouted up at him.

“Hey, I need a favor,” said Ichigo, ignoring the Mod Soul’s question. “Do you mind if I leave my body with you for a while?”

“Sure, no problem,” Kisuke replied, mopping up what looked like spilt tea off the table in front of him. “But what’s going on?”

“Now Chad’s been kidnapped,” he answered, the muscles in his jaw becoming visible. “It looks like they’re trying to pick us off one-by-one. I can’t just leave my body lying around while it’s unoccupied.”

“Fine, then what am I supposed to do?” the Mod Soul asked.

“You’re gonna come with me.”

Oh, so you’ve finally acknowledged my abilities? Now, I don’t know if I feel like helping you or not.”

“Don’t worry, your body’ll be safe with me,” Kisuke promised, watching as Tessai carried Ichigo’s empty body into the next room. “But we better deal with the situation before someone else gets grabbed.”

“Damn,” Renji cursed, unhooking his zanpakutō from his belt as he sat down at the table. “How in the hell are we supposed to get those guys? Our attacks were totally useless.”

“Just charging at them didn’t work, so we’ll have to come up with a different strategy,” said Uryū. I thought for a moment.

“Do you think that Aizen could be involved with this?” I inquired. “That would explain a lot.” Kisuke shrugged.

“It’s hard to tell.”

“Mr. Urahara, were you able to tell anything about the telephone conversation?”

“I was hoping that I could get a raimon, which is a spiritual equivalent to a fingerprint, but I didn’t come up with anything,” he answered.

“So what does that mean?” Ichigo asked him.