Chapter Thirteen: Complications.

It’s been a while since I’ve done one for him, hmm… But this is a really long chapter; I hate small ones.

Ichigo's POV~

“What’s your problem?!” Ganju pushed me out of the way as we neared the ground.

“Just shut up and stay back!” He put his hand out in front of him and moved it in a circle. “Turn to sand!” he shouted. “Seppa!” Instead of crashing into the ground, which was what I was hoping would happen; we sank through a crater of sand, instead. I stood up in the ditch and coughed out the sand that had found its way into my mouth.

“Thanks to your weird magic, we’re safe,” I said, bending over and spitting out my sandy saliva. “It’s your fault this happened, so quit coughing!” I kicked him over, causing his head to go back under the sand. He pulled himself out and spun around, grabbing me by the collar.

“You’ve got a lot of nerve, punching the guy who saved your life!”

“Who said that?! I only said we were saved! And I kicked you, I didn’t punch—!” I could feel the presence of someone behind me—two of them.

“Woohoo; what luck!” Turning around, I saw two soul reapers standing on the roof above me. They jumped down and landed on the ground.

“We skipped out on guard duty today, but to have you fall into our hands—lucky, I’m lucky! Lucky, I’m so lucky! You, on the other hand, are not.”

“Huh?” The bald one started dancing.

Luck, luck, luck, luck, luck, lucky; luck, luck, luck, luck, luck, lucky! Luck, luck, luck, luck, luck-y--!” I honestly had no idea what he was doing. I thought this was supposed to be a fight, not a ballet recital. He glared at me. His friend sighed. “What are you doing, fools?!” he shouted. “I was doing my “Lucky Dance” for you while waiting for you to come crawling out! Why’re you looking at me like that?! Don’t you understand human kindness--?”

“What’s with him?” I whispered to Ganju over my shoulder.

“Hey!”

“Huh?”

“I’m going to run the first chance I get.”“—courtesy is the basis—“”You’re gonna run? What’re you talking about?””—of the Soul Reaper Code—“”Fool! Can’t you see? They have way greater spiritual energy than an ordinary soul reaper—“”What’s this arguing about?

“Hmph, maybe they’re scared out of their wits to fight us,” his friend said.

“Well, let them take their time and argue.”

“But if they take too long, other guys will come and steal our glory.” “Yeah, that’s true. Fine, I’ll set a time limit; I’m so kind! I’ll do another dance—“”Anyhow, I’m gonna run—“”so you two can do what you want—“”If you want a fight, then be my guest!” At that, Ganju jumped up out of the pit and headed down the street.

“A disagreement?” the bald guy inquired.

“Something like that.”

Damn! Don’t give us trouble. Yumichika—“”Right!” The guy named Yumichika ran after Ganju, leaving me with the bald guy. I jumped out of the hole.

“Yo!”

“Huh?”

“Tell me… why didn’t you run? The other guy ran because he said our strength was greater than his. I think he made the right choice.”