Chapter Eleven: Shiba Household.

Abaron's POV

The sun was just rising. Of course, it would only be in the Seireitei, because of the stupid wall that stood in our way from getting there. Being in the shade was actually sucky. I had cut off my sleeves of my shihakushō last night, because they kept getting in the way of me eating my dinner. I don’t know how Ichigo manages with his. It’s a lot bigger than mine. Oh, and yes, I am still mad at him. But it was really cold without the sun.

“I wonder if Jidanbō’s alright,” I heard Orihime say as I came out side to see them. “His wound has closed up, but…” I looked over to see him snoring through the big grin he had on his face.

“Big-bodied men have lots of stamina,” Chad said as I came up between him and Orihime. “I’m sure he’ll be okay.”

“You’re right,” Orihime said. “Jidanbō’s big and strong. He’ll be okay.”

“But who’s this Kūkaku Shiba that we’re going to meet?” Uryū asked. He looked to me for an answer. Should I tell them? He pushed up his glasses. “Yoruichi didn’t give us any details.”

“It’s probably someone he knows,” Orihime suggested. “Someone who can get us to the Seireitei without having to go past the gates, right?”

“It’s probably someone who’s famous for his skills.” Orihime clapped her hands.

“It must be a cat with pedigree papers! Like a Persian cat, or an American Short Hair, or a Dalmatian!”

“Orihime, it doesn’t mean it’ll be a cat just because Yoruichi knows them,” Chad said.

“And um, a Dalmatian’s a dog,” I said, throwing my hands into my pockets.
“A dog…?”

“Judging by the name,” Uryū began, trying to spare Orihime. “He’s probably a well-built man, someone like a samurai.”

“No, he’ll be an old hermit-type master.”

“I know!” Orihime’s face lit up. She crouched down, and using her finger to draw in the dirt, she came up with—“A hermit-like macho samurai with cat ears and a tail! No doubt about it!” To be honest, that sounds more like the Head Captain—excluding the cat features.

“I can’t tell what you drew,” said Chad, bending over to get a better look.

“Then how about a skinny guitar-wielding samurai?”
“You don’t understand, Orihime, he needs to have a cape.”
“That’s right!” We stood up.

“Ichigo sure is late,” I realized, looking around for the orange-haired idiot.

“Should I call him?” Orihime asked.

“No, I’ll go see,” said Uryū.
“I’ll come, too.” I followed him into the house.

“Huh?” I ran into his back. “Why’d you stop?” I asked. When he didn’t answer, I came out beside him. “Ichigo, what the hell are you doing?”

“What do you mean you’re ‘not going’?”

“I’m not ‘not’ going,” he said. “Just go on ahead. I’m going to finish the fight with that guy from yesterday!”

“What are you saying?” Uryū shouted at him. He launched forward and grabbed hold of his robe. Ichigo flipped over and held on to the edge of the fire pit to stop him from being dragged away. “Quit joking around… and come!”

“No! He’ll think I ran away!”
“Abaron, help me out here!” I came forward and tried prying his hands away. He began trying to bite my fingers.