Good byes

"Clary, more demons," said Isabelle.

Clary looked around the hallway, but saw no demons. There was a doorway slightly ahead. "There." Clary slipped quietly up to the door and threw it open. Her and Isabelle both went in, but froze.

Standing in the middle of the room was Sebastian, holding a small white bundle in his arms. "Hello, Clarissa. "

Clary sucked in a breath and aimed an arrow at him.

"I wouldn't do that." He smiled a menacing grin- just like in all of her worst nightmares. "You could shoot the baby," he chuckled.

Clary held her ground, but didn't lower her weapon. Isabelle was ready with her whip at her side.

"And I wouldn't try anything, either," he said. "Because that would affect poor little scarlett."

Clary jaw locked and she swallowed. He had a major upper hand. "How did you survive?" she asked. "Jace saw you die."

Sebastian smirked. "I have connections. Now, lower your weapons or I swear to Lillith, I will kill this child."

Clary's bow lowered instantly. It took Isabelle a second, but she lowered her whip.

"Hold the weapons away from you," he said.

They did so.

Someone came in from behind them and took the weapons from their hands, then walked up to Sebastian's side.

Clary's eyes widened as she saw who it was. "Scarlett?!"

The corner of Scarlett's mouth curved into a crooked smile. She dropped the weapons carelessly on the ground. "Are you really that surprised? I must be a better actress than I thought."

Betrayal. Complete and utter betrayal. There weren't enough words in the dictionary to say everything Clary was feeling in this instant, but it was mainly betrayal.

She looked at the person she didn't know at all- not anymore. After all this time, it was all fake. This person was a stranger. "... Why?" her voice broke.

Scarlett smiled. "Because he's my brother."

"But..." Clary felt tears come to her eyes. "I'm your sister."

Isabelle was silent by her side, shocked.

Scarlett looked off at a wall, bored, and shrugged. "Jonathan and I have been a team since the beginning. It was always the plan to lure you in, make you believe I cared about you."

Clary felt a pang inside her. It was then when she noticed the blood on Scarlett's hands. "Who's blood is that?" she asked breathlessly. She feared that she'd hurt Jace.

Scarlett glanced down at her hands. "Oh. Magnus Bane. He's dead."

Clary's hand went over her mouth. She wasn't even paying attention to Isabelle's reaction.

Scarlett looked at Jonathan. "Can we get this over with? I want to go home."

Jonathan smiled. "Of course," he passed the baby gently over to Allison and pulled a sword from his belt. He stalked slowly towards her. "I'm going to enjoy this- killing you slowly. Then I'm going to kill Jace."

Clary's breath caught in her throat. She reached over and grabbed Isabelle's arm. They stepped back together until they were against the wall.

A crooked smile stretched across Sebastian's face as he chuckled.

"Now!" Scarlett yelled.

Before anyone had time to react, an arrow came out of nowhere and pierced Sebastian in the chest. A look of surprise came over his face as he fell to the ground.