Idris

Scarlett pulled a piece of pizza out of the fridge and took a bite. One of the things Scarlett always did was she always wandered into the kitchen for a midnight snack.

She heard a sound from behind her and jumped. She saw a familiar face standing a few feet away in the dark room. She smiled. "Magnus, you scared me."

He raised an eyebrow. "I'm sorry… I don't believe I've had the pleasure."

Scarlett's smile dropped. "Oops."

"Tell me," said Magnus. "How you traveled in time, I mean. You must have had black magic to help with that."

Scarlett gave him what she hoped was a menacing glare. "If you must know, you were the one who helped me."

Magnus raised his eyebrows. "Did I?"

Scarlett nodded.

"So you know me. Am I handsome?"

"You look the same."

"So I am handsome."

Scarlett rolled her eyes. "Look, just... Don't tell. No one can know."

"It's very obvious, though. Clary even still looks like herself."

The corner of Scarlett's mouth twitched. Leave it to Magnus Bane to figure this complex situation out in a matter of weeks.

"So, you know me then?" he asked.

"... Let's just say… You're a friend of the family."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means you were there when I was born."

Magnus gave her an amused grin. One of Scarlett's favorites. "I'll keep my ears open for an Scarlett then."

"You'll know me when you see me. I'll look different, but you'll know."

"Meaning?"

"I'm wearing a disguise rune, Magnus. But you'll know, trust me."

Magnus cocked his head to the side. "Can I?"

"With your life. You have- or will," Scarlett shut the fridge and left the kitchen.
.......................................

"We're leaving for Alicante in the morning," said Scarlett. "Are you nervous?"

Clary frowned. "Should I be?"

Scarlett shook her head. "That's the point, Lorena."

Clary glanced at her. "Don't call me that. You can call me Loren, I don't care, but Lorena?Really?"

Allison shrugged. "That is your name, isn't it?"

Clary stuck out her tongue. "So... When can I start telling people?"

Scarlett looked down. "I'm not sure yet. Grace knows- I think. I'll ask her tonight."

"Thanks."

"Look," Scarlett put her hand on Clary's back. "I know you want to tell Jace. Don't tell him yet, okay?"

Clary sighed. "Scarlett... How do I know I can trust you?"

Scarlett frowned. "Since when do you not trust me, Clary? I promise you, I've never lied to you."

"But..." Clary hesitated. "Can't you give me more? I flew into this plan and have gone along with it blindly. Scarlett, you're going to have to give me something."

Scarlett looked at the ground. "Clary, I can't! It's the future, I can't tell you what happens."

"Scarlett-"