Fear

"Loren, package," said Isabelle, bringing a large package into Clary's room. "It's kinda big. What is it?"

Clary looked up from her sketchbook. "What's wrong with knocking?" She closed her sketchbook, set it aside and walked over to it.

Isabelle set it down on the floor.

Clary pulled out a knife and opened it. She pulled out what looked like a... Corset?

Isabelle laughed. "Are you seeing someone?"

Clary blushed. "I'm not. I didn't order anything..." Clary pulled more from the box. A long poofy black skirt, high heels, gloves and a mask... "Oh," Clary laughed. "Scarlett must have sent it for Magnus' party. I asked her to about a week ago."

"Ah," Isabelle nodded. "Scarlett's your sister, right?"

"Yeah. She's a year older. She's also the fashionable one of the family."

The corner of Isabelle's lip curled up. "I like her already."

Clary laughed. "The party's in three days, right?"

"Two actually."

Clary nodded. "Do you have your dress yet?"

"Oh yeah. I've had it for weeks," Isabelle said as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. "Anyway, I should go, but I'll see you at dinner."

"Okay."

Isabelle left.

Clary looked back at the black mask in her hand. It had cat ears at the top. Clary giggled at this. There was a note in the box. Clary pulled it out and read it.

Have fun!- S
.................................

Jace crossed his arms and waited next to Alec for the girls to be ready.

"How long does it take for girls to get ready?" said Alec. "Next time were going somewhere, we should just get ready a half hour later."

"They're girls going to a party," said Jace. "It's going to take awhile."

The elevator doors opened and out came Isabelle and Loren.

Isabelle was in a red ankle length dress attached to a choker, and her hair was in ringlets. Her mask was gold and almost looked like it was made of lace.

His eyes stopped on Loren. She wore a black sweetheart neckline corset top with a volumized ankle length skirt. She had fitted black gloves that went over her elbow, a black ribbon choker and a mask with cat ears- which looked surprisingly good on her- and her hair was down.

"You look nice," said Alec. "Now let's go!"

Isabelle rolled her eyes. "Stop being impatient, Alec. I would've thought you would look nicer since we're going to your boyfriend's place!"

Alec looked self-consciously down at his outfit.

"I think you guys look great," said Loren.

"That's why your sister's the fashionable one," said Isabelle.
Loren frowned. It was a lot like Clary's frown.

"Let's go," said Jace.
............................

Clary was wearing the invisible rune under her glove so mundanes wouldn't see her. They were on the train now, on their way to Magnus Bane's apartment to go to a masquerade party. Clary found it slightly amusing that they were on the train in masks and dresses.

"What rune is that?" Asked Jace.

Clary looked at him. "What rune?"

"The one on your right shoulder blade," said Jace. "I've never seen it before."