Drunk

Jace knocked on Loren door. "Loren?" There was no answer. He opened the door cautiously. He could hear the shower going, and the room was empty. He was about to close the door when he spotted what looked like a sketchbook on Loren's bed. He slowly walked up to it and picked it up.

He opened it up to a random page. It was a drawing of a girl with long dark hair. She looked vaguely familiar...

"Jace," Loren stood in the bathroom doorway, eyes wide.

"Sorry," he said, shutting the sketchbook. "Just curious."

She bit her lip. He realized then that she was in a towel. "Can I help you with something?"

"Uh," he struggled to remember why he'd originally come in here. "I just wanted to make sure you were alright... After last night."

"Oh. Right. Yeah, I'm fine," she looked down at her feet.

"Are you sure?"

"... I kind of don't want to talk about it."

"Alright, that's fine... Should I go?"

Loren looked down at herself and blushed. "Um... Probably."

Jace nodded. "I'll see you... Later..." he walked out of the room.

Clary got dressed in a blue button down blouse and black skinny jeans and left her room. She went to the kitchen and grabbed an apple. She heard voices from the dining room and went in.

Isabelle was in there alone, but had a cell phone pressed to her ear. Isabelle looked up. "Hi. Simon, I have to go. Bye," she hung up the phone. "Loren. You left early last night. What happened?"

"Nothing," said Clary. "I was just tired."

Isabelle raised her eyebrow. "Is it because of Jace?"

Clary frowned.

"I saw your reaction to him kissing that girl. I know you like him."

Clary blushed and looked down at her feet.

"Don't worry," said Isabelle. "I won't tell. You didn't know he had a girlfriend, did you?"

Clary shook her head, refusing to look up.

"So, if it was because of Jace, why'd you go home with him?"

Clary looked back up at Isabelle. "It wasn't because of Jace. I don't want to talk about it if that's okay."

Isabelle shrugged. "That's fine. It isn't my business..." She looked at her. "Did that werewolf take advantage of you?"

"No, no, of course not."

Isabelle nodded. "Okay. Good. You can always talk to me if you need anything, alright?"

Clary snorted. "You sound like my mom," Clary's smile dropped when she realized Grace was supposed to be her mother, not Jocelyn.

Isabelle wrinkled her nose. "Yeah, I bet I do, don't I? But seriously, I'm here."

Clary smiled. "Thanks."
.............................

"Agramon," Clary muttered to herself. She was reading a book on demons to figure out which demon it was that attacked her that night. "Demon of fear."

"That explains your reaction," said Jace.

Clary jumped and looked behind her. "By the angel, you scared me. How are you so quiet?"

Jace shrugged. "I just am. That's the demon that attacked you the night of Magnus' party, right?"