Alive and Well

Jace, Alec and Isabelle approached the storage closet after the demon went in.

A pair of police officers stepped in front of the three of them. "Excuse me, real weapons aren't allowed in the club."

Really, now, Jace thought? "Oh, it's okay. We were actually just on your way to go kill some demons-"

Isabelle elbowed him, and he stopped.

The cops looked at each other, then back at them. Jace noticed the strange feeling he had inside- the shadowhunter instinct. Jace pulled out his sword and the 'cops' revealed their true forms. Jace knew that the mundanes wouldn't be able to see them.

One of the two demons doubled himself. There were now three of them. Jace cussed under his breath as he took on the first demon- which was definitely the uglier one. Every time Jace slashed it of severed a limb, it instantly healed. Jace gave up and cut off it's head. It coiled into itself, and Jace helped Isabelle and Alec with theirs.

The second those demons were dead, Jace remembered the task at hand. "Loren!" Jace ran to the closet just in time to hear Loren's scream.

The demon had her on the ground, claws in her side. When Jace came in, the demon withdrew its claws, stood up and smiled with pointed teeth. "Finally," said the deep voice. It ran at him, claws first.

Jace took off its hand with one swipe. The scream sounded interesting- deep and... It sounded slightly like opera. Jace finished it off within the first three seconds of their encounter. As it was disappearing, Jace dropped his sword and dropped at Loren's side. "Loren."

Loren looked dazed as she looked up at him. Her dark blue eyes were unfocused, but she seemed to recognize him. Her body kept making little jerky movements, and her lips were trembling. "Loren, I'm so sorry."

He yanked off one of her elbow length white gloves, pushed up her lace sleeve and drew an iratze. After a few seconds, it disappeared, and hadn't done it's job. Poison. "Alec-"

"On it," said Alec from behind him.

On Loren's ribcage, there were four puncture wounds spilling blood onto her white dress. It had been in like one of his nightmares, where Clary had worn a white dress, and the blood spread from her heart.

"Loren, hang on," he said. "You're alright."

Loren looked completely out of it. She was looking at him, but just barely, and she wasn't speaking. "Loren? Loren, can you hear me?"

Loren's torso jerked and she moaned.

Jace took her into his arms and held her close to him. "You're going to be fine," he said.

Someone walked into the closet. Jace didn't turn to see who it was.

"Magnus," said Alec.

"Oh my," said Magnus from behind Jace. "Alright, let's get her to the Institute."
...................
Loren was thrashing around on the on the infirmary bed.

"What's happening?" Jace asked Magnus. He was holding Loren down by her shoulders and looking at her with concern.

"That's what the poison does," Magnus explained.

"I thought you gave her the antidote," Jace's voice was strained. Loren's body continued to jerk about in her unconscious state.

"I did. But it would only stop her from dying. She'll still have the other effects."

"Which include?"

Loren suddenly screamed a gut wrenching scream that made Jace tense. It was similar to the one Clary had when she was killed.