There dead

"Clary wants to know when, Grace," said Scarlett. "I need to tell her or she'll stop trusting me."

"Well, you can't tell her. Not yet. You can tell her the night before. No sooner."

"But what happens if she figures out who I am? She's already seen me when my disguise rune was damaged."

"That was your own fault, Scar. That situation could've easily been avoided."

"Well, Alec said she was hurt. I didn't know how badly, I just..." Scarlett put her face in her hand.

"Scarlett, I know how much Clary means to you, but if you aren't careful, you will have never been born."

"I know," she bit her bottom lip. "But... She's family. Imagine what you would've done if it were Royal."

Grace was quiet. She was quiet for so long, Scarlett thought she'd hung up.

"Grace?"

Grace sighed. "Your right. I would've done the same thing. You still can't tell her the date, Scarlett. Just be careful, okay?"

"Okay."

"Love you."

"Love you, too," she hit the end button and dropped her phone on her bed. Scarlett hated keeping secrets from Clary, but just like Clary, she had too, or people she loved and herself would die.
........................
Clary opened her eyes to the morning sunlight shining through the white hotel curtains. She turned her head and saw Jace asleep beside her. She smiled as she remembered the previous night.

Clary propped herself up on her elbow and stared at him. She loved the way he looked now. He was peaceful, young-looking.

"Are you watching me sleep?"

Clary jumped.

He still had his eyes closed. He chuckled and opened them. "Morning."

"Morning," she smiled and blushed slightly.

"Did you sleep well?"

She nodded. She'd had no nightmare last night. Ever since Sebastian, she'd only had nightmares except the nights she was with Jace.

He shifted so he was right up close to her, and kissed her.

Clary jumped when someone knocked on the door. "Loren? Loren, I need to talk to you."

"Scarlett," Clary hissed.

"Should I hide?" Jace asked playfully.

Scarlett knocked on the door again. "Loren!"

Clary sighed.

Scarlett knocked again. "Lorena Woods! Are you even in there?"

Clary pressed her lips together. If she was quiet, maybe she'd go away.

"Loren, if you don't answer me, I'm using the opening rune."

Clary's eyes widened. "Go away!"

"Why? Is Jace with you?"

"No, just go away!"

"If this is about what happened yesterday-"

"Ten minutes. Go away!"

"Fine."

Clary waited several seconds to make sure Scarlett had left.

"She's nosy," said Jace. "I can't imagine what it's like to live with her."

Clary giggled. "It's hellish."

Jace chuckled.

"I should get dressed," Clary sat up and held the covers to her chest. "Would you mind... Not looking?"