Dark Gotham Alley

Lyla walks up the dark, wet alley. The smell of trash and pollution is in the air. She walks about a couple feet and steps into a puddle with her black boots. She hears footsteps and rustling behind her. She turns around quickly, to see a small shadow, a little taller than the size of her.

"Who's there?", she says and quickly draws out one of her katana's, from her back. "I don't want to hurt you, but I have to if you are dangerous."

She sees the shadow come closer and the emotion of terror fills her. Her whole body trembles, she can't take the anticipation of waiting, so she runs. She runs and runs as fast as she can and sees the shadow is steadily following her. She quickly hides behind a building, seeing that the shadow is about to turn down the same alley, as where she is hiding.

"Hey!" Where are you? A young boy's voice calls out. "Why are you hiding?" "I'm not dangerous, my name is Bruce Wayne."

She peeks her head out and Bruce see's her.

"It's okay I'm not going to hurt you," he says once again, walking closer to her. She comes out of hiding and looks up at him. "What are you doing out here alone?", He asks.

"I came to explore around and I also live out here."

"You live out here?" He asks confused

" Yes, and I have to go..." She says, in a hurry.

"Where are you going?"

"Somewhere to stay for the night, it's too dangerous out here, during this time."

"Well if you have nowhere to go I could let you stay at my place?", he asks.

"No, I'm okay, thanks for the offer..."

"Come on please, I insist." It's not an offer, it's a request.", he says smiling.

"Why are you being so nice?", she asks raising her eyebrows.

"Someone has to in this kind of world."

She smiles at him. It was the first time in awhile, since someone or something had made her smile.
Bruce leads her the way to his home.
He opens the gates.

"You live here?!", she asks with wide eyes.

"Yeah.", he says smiling.

"Amazing, I used to live in a mansion like this, long ago...", she says with a fading smile.

"What happened?", he asks, noticing her frowning.

Lyla looks away and ignores his question.

"Sorry..."

They walk up the stairs and Bruce rings the bell.

"Bruce!" Alfred hugs Bruce, "Where were you!" , "You didn't tell me where you were going, I didn't even know you were gone!"

"I'm sorry Alfred.", he says apologizing.

"It's okay Bruce, just next time, tell me and I'll come with you." "Who is this young lady?"