▬ ONE: DEAR JOHN

ONE:
DEAR JOHN !

ONE:DEAR JOHN !

━ • ♡ • ━

THE news spread like a wildfire through the top-secret company. Jenny was pregnant. She had an affair with one of the lieutenants and it seemed like everyone else knew before her. Even the father.

Now, with something as scandalous as an affair hits even faster.

A business workplace is always the worst place to find out anything. It's stretched until it's so thin that there's no definitive story anymore. Yet, its always the first place anyone goes to for news. Who was pregnant, who was quitting, who was having an affair. It always hurt someone in the long run, whether it was the people in the drama or outside of it.

This one hurt the most, out of all, Chandler Kemp broke down for this one.

Rick Flag recently returned from the highlands of Peru. A young archaeologist by the name of June Moone had gone missing in her search for the evolution of metahumans. Thus, alerting Amanda Waller to her peeking around.

June Moone ended up rescued yet possessed by an entity way beyond anyone's power to stop.

It all started as a casual rumor. What else was supposed to happen? June Moone and Rick Flag, two young adults who were placed into the same room by Amanda Waller, end up together. An affair was to occur in one way or another, rather in reality or gossip.

Chandler Kemp knew it, she knew it had to be a lie. Rick Flag did not go out of his way to have an affair. He was tough and stone-faced, committed to his job and Chandler couldn't seem to rattle it out of her head. She could see it.

June was beautiful in an ethereal kind of way that caught all eyes. Tan skin and light eyes, passionate and talkative. She talked on and on about her expeditions to some of Chandler's co-workers. Her eyes would light up and her hands would wave all over the place.

She was different, passionate, the example of a strong woman.

Chandler could feel her heart crack when June would talk like that with Flag. His eyes would light up, and he'd smile ever so softly, exchanging stories back to her.

He and Chandler had once talked, very briefly, very business-like. They were nothing more than a sight for sore eyes.

She loved him though. He had protected her, in a way no one had ever done for her. She wished she could be strong like June Moone, like she had been before.

END NOTES

Welcome to Born to Die! This is the first and only book for now. If they come out with a second movie, I'll debate on writing a second story. Depending on the plot and if I really feel like suffering through this again. I tried to create a well-rounded character but the plot lacks a lot and I wish I could fix it but... I really don't want to.

This story is a bit of a slow burn, but I don't know.

I appreciate all views, reviews and votes I get. So I ask that you help me out and do what you can because it helps get my story out there.

Warmest Regards!

- Ashley