A mechanic and a study buddy? | chapter eight

Start from the beginning

"You weren't actually thinking about leaving me outside were you?" He asked, his body stretching into the heated air. She stepped back slightly, her head tilting to one side in confusion.

"Why are you here aiden?" She sighed, stepping further back to let him have more space. He jumped into the room, effortlessly sliding the window down as his foot left the threshold.

"To study." He said casually, walking over to her bookshelf and examining her text books. She sighed, falling back into her bed in exasperation.

"I don't need a study buddy." She noted, her gaze glued to the ceiling, trying to make less noise because of the boy next door. Aiden smirked as he left the bookcase, turning toward the girl and making his way over.

"I can think about something else we can do." He observed, getting to the edge of the bed and appearing in her view of the ceiling. She went to move from under him, only to find herself stuck between his arms. Her gaze met his and she sighed, not in the mood to do anything but sleep. Then his lips were on hers, automatically lifting her slightly off of the bed as they continued.

As it became heated aiden went to move her further into the bed comforter, chucking the book on to the floor as he did so. As soon as she heard the book against the floorboards her eyes shot open and peered toward the book. Aiden didn't notice, his eyes shut so he was able to detect little. She moved her head slightly to make sure it was her book and as soon as she confirmed it her hands went up to push him off.

Mistaken, aiden gripped her waist and spun them around so she was on top, his lips still attached to her skin. Without hesitation she pulled herself off of him and stumbled to the floor, grabbing the book and checking for severe damages. Her breath hitched as she saw a crack against the book spine, her finger trailing over the line that was inflicted.

"What's wrong. It's just an old book." He stated, sitting upright and watching the girl in confusion. Her gaze never left the book as she walked over and placed it where she always did.

"It's not just a book." She mumbled, scratching at her fingernails as she stood staring at her hands.

"Well I'm sorry I damaged your not just a book, book. Don't you think if anyone should be angry it should be me." He said after a moment of silence. Haley turned around to the window, walking toward it and unclamping the clasps.

"I think you should go." She told him flatly, her gaze never meeting his as she peered out the window.

"Okay. Whatever. It's not like I dissembled your bike or anything." He huffed, standing up from the bed. She turned around to face him, her expression mixed with sadness and aggression.

"It not like I locked you or your brother in a janitors closet." She shot back, her eyebrows furrowed, the sudden gust of wind making her shiver from the cold. He stepped closer to her, forcing her gaze down to the floor. His eyes were constantly flashing between brown and red. His finger nails extending and shortening.

"Before I go. Just tell me what's so special about that book." He took her hand and started playing with her fingers, counting them off one by one absent mindedly.

"My mother gave me that book." She admitted, her gaze lifting slightly to see her fingers straighten and bend. He nodded quietly, dropping her hand so it fell to her side softly.

"Do you still want me to go?" He asked, lifting her chin so she had to look up. She looked at him apologetically, a smile playing with the edges of her lips, but she kept a tired expression.

"I just want to sleep." She told him, stepping back from him and walking over to her bed. He smirked slightly, turning toward the window.

"Okay." He whispered, their voices always being low incase of waking stiles or the sherif. Haley climbed under the covers and shut her eyes, humming herself to sleep like she always did.

She heard feet against the floor and the window shutting, taking that as his absence. But just before she had lulled herself into a deep sleep she heard a voice whisper.

"Good night Haley grace."

•••

We all love a short chapter, sense the sarcasm. But my family's down so I can't write all day with my summer free time. I would like to thank you guys for getting this book to nearly 150 reads, it's amazing seeming how before the last chapter it was just over 50. I would like to shout out one reader who has given so much support and love, and that is irenefv13 , go check them out!

Please vote and comment as it makes my day to think some people see this as alright! Sorry if it's a terrible short chapter, there will always be one.

Thank you,

Bye x🖖🏻