Chapter 11 Future

Annie POV

After we sat there for a while, I fell asleep. I dreamed about the future. It started when we got to Maryland, to go to my parents funeral. I was crying hysterically and nobody could make me slow down. I felt arms wrap around me. I look up and it was Brennan. He was dressed in all black, it made cry harder. I looked around me. There were pictures of my mom at the beach, and my dad on the jetski. I don't know how, but I blinked in my dream and I was graduating college.

I was walking up when they called my name, I had earned my Bachelor's Degree. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do for a living, so I just went for the degree. I walked to the man, shook his hand, and he handed me the little book that it came in. I smiled for pictures once I found Caleb, Katie, Hayley and some other guy with their cameras. I wondered where Brennan was, but I realize he was right in front of me. He was inline to get his degree too. He smiled at me and I smiled back. I blinked my eyes and I was with Brennan after the ceremony.

I turned to him and hugged him. He hugged me back, but then pulled away and stared at me weirdly.

B : "Annie, what are you doing? You have a fiancé."

A : "I do?"

B : "Wait to say that at your wedding in 8 days."

A : "What? Who am I going to marry?"

B : "Annie, are you okay? You're marrying Michael, you guys were dating before you even came to Cali?"

A : "But, I love you..."

B : "Let's go find him."

A : "But I don't want to." I say as I blink my eyes and I open them to see myself standing in front of a mirror. I'm dressed in an all white wedding dress. My hair and makeup is already done. Caleb then comes into my room and asks if I was ready, I agreed forgetting about everything else. He opens the door and I see a guy waiting for me at the end of the alter. Caleb starts to walk, but I can't. I can't move my legs. I try, but I can't. I stare at him and see Brennan. I look into his eyes and he sees the confusion and worriness. I start to feel dizzy but I tell Caleb that I can't and I turn around. It's all going in slow-mo just like the movies. I don't know where to go, I just run. I run until I realize I'm crying, again. Why am I so emotional? I blink my eyes and wake up in a white room.

I look around to see that I'm in a hospital. I'm also screaming and in so much pain. Someone squeezes my hand and I turn to look. It's Brennan. The doctor tells me to push. I'm having a kid. I hear the baby scream and I feel relieved. I start to relax and my vision starts to go black. I blink my eyes and open them up. Brennan was squeezing my hand and told me we're landing. I tell him the dream and he hugs me. I just kind of stay there in the moment until Caleb looks back and makes a heart with his hands like a little child. Katie slaps him playfully and he turns back around. I see them kiss and I get very confused. I just shake it off because I'll ask him about it after we go see mom and dad.

Caleb POV

For most of plane ride I watched a movie on the seat back screen. Katie fell asleep on me, but I didn't mind. I start to text Liv, but I'm not sure if I will send it.

C : Liv, I know we've known each other for while now, but we have to break up. I know you cheated on me, it's just that I care for your feelings too much. I'm sorry but I can't do it anymore.

I guess I left my phone on and feel asleep. When I woke back up, the message was sent and Katie was closer to me. I figured she sent it, but I think I might have a little crush on Katie so I just pull her close and started to close my eyes but then the captain came back on and told us that we would be expecting some rough air in the next few minutes. I was concerned for Annie but I looked back and she was asleep in Brennan's arms. I then turned back around and fell asleep.