Chapter 10 Bad News

Annie POV

Buzz Buzz

I picked up my phone, thinking it was Katie. It was actually Caleb.

C : Annie, you need to come to my dorm. Something happened with mom and dad. Hayley called me but I couldn't make it out.

A : I'll be right there.

I explain what Caleb told me to Nick and he understands. I get a box to go and walk back to my dorm room. I walk up the stairs to see Brennan and some girl making out. I get a little jealous, but I think I deserve it because of what I've been doing to Brennan. I decide to just walk to my door. They don't even stop, but as I'm opening my door, I feel eyes on me. I think it was Brennan because why would the girl stare at me? I go to put my food in the fridge then go back out the door. I open it and of course they are still making out. I turn and lock my door. I walk off towards Caleb's room and never look back. I shake it off and knock on the door. Caleb opens it and immediately hugs me.

A : "Caleb what happened?"

C : "Mom, dad and Hayley were in a crash. A person hit them head on. Hayley was in the way back so she only had a few bruises, but she called me and started crying. We need to fly out there."

A : "Okay, I'll book our tickets, call Hay back so I can talk to her, maybe I can calm her down."

I go onto Delta.com and buy us 2 tickets for Maryland. Caleb calls Hayley and we tell her we are going to arrive around 4 am tomorrow. She can't drive, but we have an Uber that will come and take us to the house so we can get my dad's car. I calm her down and she is okay. I tell Caleb that I'm going to go pack my bag and he should be ready by 5 to eat dinner and leave to the airport by 6:30 because our flight leaves at 8. The flight is about 5 hours, but the time difference is what it makes it so long.

I walk out the door and walk to my room. Thank god Brennan had left so he wouldn't see me crying. I lean my back against the wall next to my door and slide down the wall. I'm bawling my eyes out and put my face into my knees. They can't die, they won't die, they need to survive. I keep repeating this to myself over and over until I feel someone sit down next to me. I really wanted it to be Brennan but I look up and it's Luke. He doesn't ask any questions, he just sits there with me in the middle of the hall and hugs me.

We sit there for a while until I look at my phone and it's 3:30. I get up and tell Luke what is going on. He hugs me once again, then I go inside my dorm and pack my bag. I'm crying while packing which does not make it easy. I grab a few shirts, shorts, and everything else and put it in a small duffle. It's the one my mom got me for when I wanted to go home and spend a weekend away from college. I sit on my bed and cry. My phone goes off because I set an alarm for 4:30 so I knew I needed to finish up. I was already packed, but I looked like a mess. I take a makeup wipe out of its container and clean up a little. I put some fresh makeup on, put my hair into a messy bun and walk out the door. I text Katie the news and she replies. I don't even look. I lock the door and head to Caleb's room. I knock on the door and Brennan opens it. He hugs me right when I walk in. I hug back because I'm just so messed up right now. Caleb walks over and we head out. We barely say anything because we don't know anything really. We just don't know what to say. We walk down the road looking for a place to eat. I wanted to eat at a place called Laura's Burgers and Malts. Caleb agrees and we head in. I order a cheeseburger with a cookies and cream malt. Caleb orders a bacon cheeseburger and a peanut butter chocolate malt. Our food comes, and we devour it. I guess I never really ate lunch, so I was hungry. We paid the bill and called an Uber.

I asked to bring us to the airport and we drove off. It seemed like the longest drive ever, but we finally made it. We went to a kiosk and got our boarding tickets. We got TSA Precheck, so we just went through the metal detector and found our gate. Caleb went to the bathroom and I found a seat with our bags. We were boarding in about 20 minutes so I decided to go get Starbucks so I wouldn't be sleepy when we got there. I walked over and nobody was in line. I order a Venti White chocolate mocha with an extra shot of espresso to wake me up. I got Caleb a grande caramel frap because those are his favorite. I pay the cashier and she goes to make our drinks. I take them after saying thank you and head back to Caleb. He seems surprised that I actually bought him Starbucks. As I get back, I sit down and go on my phone for a few minutes. They then start the pre boarding process, so the people that have little kids or need help getting on go up to scan their ticket and go down the jetway. They then called first class and Delta Sky. Since I bought us tickets in the comfort plus area, we got to board with the Sky group.

We walked down and I touched the outside of the plane for good luck and found my seat. Caleb got a window seat one row ahead of me and I got a window seat behind him. We bought the tickets the day of and these were the closest ones together. The layout of the plane was 2-3-2. As more people came into the plane, the seat next to me was still empty. Same with Calebs. The plane was almost ready to close the door so I decided to get my headphones out and listen to some music. The song "Me Too" came on and I moved my lips singing along but not actually singing. I stared out the window until someone put their bag in the compartment above me. I still was staring out the window and they sat down next to me. Someone also sat next to Caleb. They looked familiar. I turned to say hi to the person who sat next to me and it was Brennan. I just stared at him and Katie turned around. She was sitting next to Caleb. I just sat there shocked. Why were they here? Why were they on an airplane? Why were they going to Maryland? How did they get seats right next to us?

I asked all these questions to Brennan.

A : "Why are you here? Why are you on an airplane? Why are you going to Maryland? How did you get to sit by us?"

B : "Woah, slow down. Caleb told me what happened and I went to go see you but you and Luke were together so I asked Katie if she wanted to surprise you guys and go with you for support. And we had 2 first class tickets and we asked the people with these seats if they wanted to go sit up there so we could sit here."

A : "Thanks, but you didn't have to come, I think we'll be fine."

B : "Annie,"

I start to slowly cry as a tear rolls down my cheek. I try to turn around before he sees me, but he wipes it off and just hugs me. I cry even harder, knowing that my parents could be dead.

A/N Hey guys! This is my longest chapter yet with over 1400 words! I hope you enjoyed it because I tried to make it better than the other chapters I've written!