Chapter 1. Driving

Annie POV

10:00 am

The day finally came. It was time to drive to California to go to college. My brother Caleb had already left a month ago with Luke. Luke and Syd are twins. Syd is one of my best friends.

I had all of my things ready to go and packed in my car. I put on a pair of heather grey leggings with a lighter grey short sleeved shirt. I tied my red flannel around my waist and grabbed my green jacket in case I got cold. I slipped on my white converse and headed downstairs. 

I say my goodbyes to my mom, dad, and little sister Hayley. She is still in high school so mom still has her, but she still cries. As I drive off in my tan Chevy Equinox, they wave to me and I wave back.

I drive to Syd's house as I see live pull up at the same time. We are all going to UCLA this year. Since we all have so much stuff that we are each bringing, we are all driving separately from Maryland to Cali, but all together at the same time.

I get out of the car as the three of us all run up to each other.

"Annie, Liv!" Syd yells.

"SYD, ANNIE" Liv screams excitedly.

"Liv, Syd!!!" I say but you can barely hear what we are actually saying since we were all yelling.

Syd said bye to her parents and we started our journey to California.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Syd POV

10:32 am

After I said goodbye to my parents, I went to my red Chevy Traverse. I plugged in my phone with the Aux cord. My new favorite song came on. I sang along.

And if you feel you're sinking,

I will jump right over into cold, cold water for you

And although time may take us into different places

I will still be patient with you

And I hope you know

I won't let go

I'll be your lifeline tonight

I won't let go

I'll be your lifeline tonight.

I look ahead and drive as Annie calls me. I accept it through the bluetooth calling in my car.

(A = Annie S = Syd)

A : "Hey I just talked to Liv and she wants to stop Missouri and sleepover night." Annie says.

S : "Yeah, that would be great" I reply.

A : "Great, I'll call my mom and she will book us a hotel"

I hang up and turn up the radio. A newer song came on called "Ride". I thought it was a coincidence since I was driving to Cali.

Oh, oh, I'm falling, so I'm taking my time on my ride

Oh, I'm falling, so I'm taking my time on my ride

Taking my time on my ride.