Chapter 6 Drunk

Brennan POV

Annie and I kiss, I feel the fireworks that I've never felt before. Annie is special, but I don't think she felt what I felt because she pulls out and gets out of the car. She slams the car door and walks away.

I roll down the window and say "Annie". she completely ignores me. As she walks, I drive slowly next to her. We do this all the way to the jail where Syd is being held. I go and park while Annie heads inside. I walk up the stairs and open the door when Syd walks out with Luke. Annie hugs both of them while smiling. I hadn't seen that smile before. I hope to see it again, but next time the smile would be because of me.

B : "Hey Syd, how'd you get out?"

S : "I guess they called my parents and said that they could release me to Luke with their consent."

B : "Oh well how drunk are you?"

Syd does a back handspring. "Not drunk enough to still do that."

A : "Okay Syd, you're gonna hurt yourself."

We all walk out of the jail together. I asked Annie if she wanted a ride back, but she said she would rid back with Luke so she can help him with Syd.

So Annie rides back to campus with Luke and Syd, so I just head back to my room. I drive silently down the road.

2:08 am

When I got back, I walk in to see Caleb and Liv full on making out. They don't notice me so I slam the door. That gets their attention.

Caleb says our other suite mate is in his room. I walk in and he is sitting at his desk on his computer.

B : "Hey my name's Brennan, I share a room with Caleb."

N : "Hey I'm Nick,"

B : "Where are you from? I'm from here in LA"

N : "I'm from Maryland"

I tell Nick the whole story of how everyone knows each other and everything else to know about UCLA because it is my 2nd year here. After that I go to my room then think about Annie. I sit there for a while until I doze off because we have our first day of class in the morning.

Annie POV

**AFTER THEY KISS**

As I'm walking down the street, Brennan keeps telling me to get back in the car. That would just give him what he wants for the 3rd time, but I have to do this for myself. I ignore him, but finally I see the jail and pick up my pace a little. I walk inside by myself and go to the from desk. Right as I start to ask about Syd, she walks out with Luke. I smile as I see them and hug them both. I turn and see Brennan running up the stairs and he asks Syd some questions. She does a back handspring but I stop her before she does more because she is very drunk.

We walk out and I have to explain myself to Brennan on why I don't want to ride back with him. I make an excuse that I have to help with Syd, but I just don't want to talk to him.

I get into Luke's car and sit in the front while Syd sleeps in the back. Syd starts snoring so we just try to stay quiet as Luke drives. Once were parked, I say that I can get Syd upstairs and into bed, but as I start to get up, Luke pulls me back and kisses me. I don't feel anything, no sparks, no fireworks, no nothing. While were kissing, Luke tries to stick his tongue in, but I just pull away and think about Brennan ad our kiss. I say "sorry I can't do this".

I get out, open the back door, grab Syd and head in side. At this time it starts raining. Once we get inside, it's pouring - harder than I've ever seen it. I take Syd to the stairs and by now she is awake enough to puke all of the floor. Non of it gets on me just all over herself. we walk up the 8 flights of stairs and find our suite. I unlock the door and walk with Syd to the bathroom. Katie is in our room but hears us when we walk in.

Katie helps me get Syd in the shower to rinse her off.

A : "Where is Liv?

K : "Sucking your brother's face"

A : "Sounds like them. Do you like him, Caleb? Do you like Caleb?"

K : "Um yeah I do, just don't tell Liv, please"

A : "Don't worry, I won't."

Katie goes to get Syd some clothes so we can put her in bed. I forgot we have class at 9 am and I have to get up at 8 am so I look at the clock on the wall and it says 2:08 am. I start to think about Brennan. I snap out of it when Katie comes back. We give Syd the clothes and she gets dressed. We put her to bed then head to our room. I change then go brush my teeth and take my makeup off. Today was a long day and I'm actually excited to sleep. I walk back to bed when I hear the door open and close, then lock. Liv comes in and says goodnight. We say it back then warn her about Syd and drift off.