Chapter 2: Vans Moment

I was sitting outside Starbucks looking like an idiot waiting, for Helen and Ronnie. 

I was so irritated so, I decided to pop earphones in my ears and play one of my favorite songs by Sleeping with Sirens entitled, "Feel".

"and I feel.. feel so in love again." I mumbled the lyrics.

The song was finished and there was still no sign of the girls.

To: Ronnie ♡

what the actual fuck where are you?!!

I typed as fast as I could.

From: Ronnie ♡

sorry!!! almost there I swear..

I rolled my eyes as I read her message. I did nor notice the song the song that I was listening to until, I recognized the voice.

"When we both fall asleep underneath the same sky, to the beat of our hearts at the same time, so close but so far away. Can you hear me?"

It was Luke's voice. I had this song in my playlist for almost a year now, and this was the first time in ages that I heard it again so, it took me by surprise.

Oh how, I've missed Luke so much.

He does not know my name even though, we studied in the same school. I was just a girl who he always saw, walking along the hallway. It was a sad reality that I had to face. 

Someone tapped my shoulder which, caused me to jump up from my chair.

"Woah!" a familiar voice exclaimed, it was Helen.

My eyes widened and took off my earphones.

"What took you guys so long?!" 

" Well, Ronnie's wonderful car wouldnt start!"

"At least, I have one, ha ha." Ronnie teased Helen to which, Helen rolled her eyes at. I laughed at the both of them. 

"Oh, shut up you two." I exclaimed. "You two owe me coffee. I skipped class and waited for you both for too long." I added, they both whined but, they bought me my usual.

We made some small talk and laughed a lot and stalked some boys but, I just can't get my mind off of Luke. Last night, I searched him on google. Well, as I expected, he was still the same. He's still quiet and mysterious and not to mention hot! 

"What's wrong Myle? Aren't you having fun or are you guilty because you skipped class?" Ronnie teased.

I shook my head. "Then what is it?" Helen asked curiously.

"Well, it's just that, I can't forget this boy. It's been ages since I last saw him." I said, stuttering.

"And that boy is? Well, let me guess..." Helena exclaimed, "Luke Hemmings!" Ronnie shouted.

My eyes widened as she shouted his name. "Shhhh! Jesus! Keep it down!" I exclaimed.

"Oops!"

I giggled. "Yeah, well you guys know what we've been through, stalking them before." 

They laughed.

Ronnie said, "Yeah, I remember! We were so creepy. We watched them play football in the park as we hid in the bushes."

Helena said, "And, during Steph's party, when we pretended that we were invited, just to see their faces. Oh god, I miss Ashton."

"Those were the days." I smiled.

"But, didn't you guys hear?" Helena asked.

"What?"

"They're here in Sydney right now! Their entire band, 5 Seconds Of Summer!"

"Seriously?" Ronnie asked, her voice full of excitement.

Woah! Luke... Luke is here? Oh my God! Am I dreaming?

"Ronnie, I see you're still into Calum, huh?" I teased her.

"Geez, he's hot! What can I say?" she replied.

"Helen you're still a stalker. How did you know all of this?" I asked.

"Well, I did my research. To be honest, I'm also not over Ashton yet. Remember when we got punished because we sneaked in their Graduation Ceremony?" she admitted.

"Yeah!"

Who could forget that? It was my last time seeing Luke and it was also, a very sad day for me because after their graduation their entire band went straight to London.

"Why can't we just go shopping? We're already here anyways." Ronnie suggested.

Me and Helen nodded and shrieked in excitement. Shopping was our therapy and it was only eleven fifty-six am.

Me and the girls can still do a lot of things.

—-

"How about this?" I asked, as I tried on a light pink mini skirt that looked like a tutu.

"Hmmm.. you've got great legs to show off and it fits you very well. Buy it or I will!" Helen answered, and I laughed.

"Hurry up guys! I can see a pretty dress from the next store! If someone buys that before I do, I swear, I'll be very grumpy!" Ronnie complained.

I paid for the skirt together and bought black tattered black skinny jeans, printed shirts and hoodies.

"$122 all in all." the cashier said.

I handed her a $500 bill and I took my change. Ronnie grabbed my wrist and I grabbed Helen's. The three of us giggled as we ran outside the door. 

I saw a Vans Outlet so, I let go of Helen's wrist and Ronnie let go of mine. I told them that I'll catch up with them because I was going to buy a new pair of Vans.

Ronnie complained and told me that I just bought the Vans that I was wearing last week, I promised that I will just take a look so, she let me go.

A crowd of girls were outside and they were all giggling and shrieking.

Maybe there was a sale? Hmm... Whatever.

I entered the store, minding my own business and I did not bother looking around.

I saw this new released black Vans and it was amazing and it was a unisex one.

Goody then!

I grabbed the Vans and sat down on the nearest bench so that I could try it on. I took off my shoe and tried to grab the Vans I just took from the shelf.

I untied my shoes and my eyes widened, I could not find the shoe anywhere. It wasn't beside me anymore.

I turned around and there was a guy seated behind me, holding the Vans I got from the shelf. 

What? Oh no he didn't! I got it first!

I decided to tap his shoulder and complain and tell him that I got it first. Obviously it was the last pair of Vans like that in the store. That was the last size which was seven, my size. He was a very tall guy and he would not fit in that shoe.

I tapped his shoulder and my eyes widened.