Nine

Umit

I couldn't believe what I had just witnessed. The one I have grown to love as a brother,maybe even a father,had just transformed into a creature I hated. I didn't know how to feel or what to think at this discovery. I watched him fight an abnormal as he was told to do until he lost control.

"Catch him!"I heard heicho demand.

He and his fellow cadets chased after Eren. I stood on top of the branch I was perched on debating with myself on whether to follow or stay behind. I was upset by the fact that Eren never told me about him being a titan shifter but then why would he? He and I may have grown close but probably not close enough to tell each other secrets.

Even so, Eren took me in not caring if I was a street rat. He bath me,fed me and cloth me when he didn't have to. Most of all he made feel safe. Made me feel wanted. I will ne forever grateful for that.

My mind made up I chased after Eren who ran through the forest blinded by rage. I knew he didn't mean to hurt any one but his titan seemed to only hold a few emotions at a time and rage was in control.

"Umit! What the hell do think you are doing!?"I heard Heicho call out from behind me."Go back!"

I refused to listen. I had a plan and wasn't going to back down. Levi continued to call out to me as I flew towards Eren. I landed on his head causing me to stop. He tried swatting me off but I was to fast for him to catch me.

"Eren! Eren its me!"I yelled while avoiding his large hands.

I then land on his nose for him to see me. His hand was inches away from slapping me off of him until be stopped. His glossy eye's shifted to confusion to recognition.

"It's me Eren. Its okay. It's okay." I hugged his large long nose.

His body was extremely hot but it didn't bother me because this was Eren's warmth. The warmth I relied on during cold nights. The one I needed for comfort. Suddenly I felt Eren's body disappear from under me. A pair of arms wrapped around me before I fell to the ground. Heichou placed me on the ground as we waited for Eren's titan body to fully desolve and reveal human Eren.

"Oh Umit I'm so sorry!"He says running up to engulf me in a hug.

"I'm okay but Heichou might be a little sore from when you flicked him." Eren stiffens at the information before looking up at the shorter man.

Heichou waves his pain off assuring him that it was no big deal.Eren didn't buy it. He suddenly lauches himself at his superior ripping his shirt open to reveal a forming buise on his chest.

"I'm sorry Heichou."He whispers as he caresses the bruise with a feather like touch.

"Tch it's fine brat."I could see small hint of pink forming on the older mans cheeks.

I tilt my head wondering why.

"As for you Umit."I gulp hearing the seriousness in heichou's voice."I want to have a talk with you later when we get back to HQ."

"Y-yes sir."

Back at HQ

I sat in Heichou's office feeling a bit nervous from under his blank stare. Is he going to send me away? I don't want to leave. I dont want to leave Eren. He is the only family I have.

"Umit what was going through you're head? Do you not understand the danger you put yourself in? What you could've happened if no one knew where you were?"Heichou asked.

"I only wanted to help."I explained.

"Umit. You are still too young to join the survey corps."Heichou sighs stepping from behind his desk and towards me. He kneels in front of me placing his hands on my shulders.

"Would you want Eren to worry? Do you want to see the fear in his eyes when he finds that you've been harmed because of your own selfish actions?"

Guit gripped my heart realizing that I would be hurting Eren and I probably hurt him today when I stole away with them.

"He cares about you Umit...including me."Heichou confessed pulling me onto a sudfen hug. I tensed knowing the man wasn't know for giving such a affectionate gesture but I welcomed it either way. I like Heichou in a fatherly uncle like way.

"Just promise me you won't be too reckless in the future."

I nodded." I promise."

No Longer AloneOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara