Four

Levi

Waking up at the first light, I get ready for the day. I was to train the brats today for the mission we are to go to in a month. I sigh inwardly, another mission and yet we still have no leads on how to get rid of those bastards. Once dressed and well groomed, I went to check on the brat. I still can't believe I have into those damn puppy-dog eyes when he begged me to allow him to take the smaller brat. I could understand where he was coming from though. He and Unit have a slightly similar background due to the fall of Maria.

I'll have to admit, I see a little bit if myself in the little brat. I too was a thief, but I did it to survive and to help those struggling back onto their feet. The underground was more like a game of survival of the fittest. If you fail to play, you instantly die.

It's like that up here with a more twisted rule. You must follow every rule given or you are thrown in the pit of wolves waiting for the little scraps on you're bones.

As I near the cell I notice Eren wasn't alone. Layed out in the bed was Umit. He lay by Eren's side not caring if the chains where pressed against his side. Eren had a arm wrapped protectively around the small boy as if anyone where to disturb him he'd snap at them without hesitation.

Unlocking the cell I cautiously approach the brats. I tap Eren's shoulder gently causing him to stir .His tired eyes open slowly before fully wide when he noticed me. He was about to get up but I stop him.

"I'll give you two another twenty minutes to sleep, but any later you are to clean the castle twice as long for the time lost." I said.

He looks at me with disbelief but nods before laying back down on the bed. Umit cuddles closer to the older boy. Eren smiles softly in his sleep.

I'll have to admit it was a...cute sight to witness. You'd think they've known eachother forever.

Leaving the dungeon I head to the dinning hall where Hange was already seated with her food in front of her. She had bags under her eyes obviously worn out from last night.

"How's Umit?" She asks as I pour myself some tea.

"He's with Eren." I replied.

"And you're okay with that?"

"Yes,why wouldn't I be?"

Unit trusts Eren more than those of us here. Eren doesn't seem to mind him being around him and of course if he did,Unit wouldn't be here.

"I mean he's under servalence for a reason. If Eren transforms with Unit around who knows what'll happen. "I nodded, she had a point. Eren's power is still a mystery and its a bit unstable. It works half the time but others it doesn't. So far Eren has kept it under control and only transforms when ordered.

"I wouldn't worry about it for now. Umit has taken a liking to him and Eren doesn't seem to be the type to put the kid in harm's way." I replied.

As I take a sip of my tea, I feel Hange's eyes boring into my very soul. I felt like a test subject of hers.

"What."

"Oh nothing, I just think you've grown soft lately, especially around Eren."

I cough slightly, what is she getting at?

"Admit it you like Eren, you don't want that cute face of his to have a ugly expression if something happens to Umit. That's why you don't mind him being around. "

Before I could retort,Umit comes through the door tugging a half asleep Eren behind him.

"Umit ,you don't have to." The older boy says with a yawn.

"But I want to!" Umit replies as he pushes Eren in a seat next to mine. The young boy then disappears off into the kitchen with a spring in his step.

"Well someone is chipper this morning." Laughs Hange.

Eren just sighs while he lays his head on the table, still tired. "He wants to make our breakfast abd he won't take "no" for an answer."

I chuckled slightly at his expression only to be grinned at by shitty glasses. She mouths out " you like him" . I swear if there wasn't a child in the next room I would've killed her right then and there. But she might be right, I may like the brat on a whole different level then before. Not that I'll admit it out loud.