Chaptee Eighteen: Anger

Chapter Eighteen:
Anger

I couldn't stand to be around Michael.

How dare he treat me like his puppet. I was so loyal and honest to him and this is how he repays me? By telling me our entire relationship was a sham?

I found it funny that even though I tried so hard to keep him from my thoughts and ruining my day, they always came back to haunt me.

And usually, those thoughts made me think of how I'd been so blind to the fact that he never actually loved me. I'd think back to our time together and be reminded of those moments when it seemed too good to be true. Like, when he came home from the hospital after the car accident. He was so quick to fall back into his habits of being a romantic with me. Or at the hospital, when he said he didn't want to lose me.

Almost like if he did, he'd be letting Geoff and himself down.

I clenched my teeth and kept myself from screaming again. I was living at Geoff's again, despite part of my anger being drawn towards him, so when bouts of anger started up again, I had to try my best to keep myself from grabbing the nearest object and smashing it.

Sometimes I'd stop in my bouts of anger and wonder if it was really worth it. Being depressed seemed better than raging in your room. At least it was quieter. However, then I'd be reminded of how miserable I was depressed and I'd tell myself that being angry was better than being depressed.

At least I got breaks from the anger. The depression would never stop.

"God! That bloody son of a bitch! I hate him!" I growled, grabbing my phone and nearly chucking it. However, Geoff stopped me from doing so by walking into the room.

"Hey... You okay?" He asked me.

"Leave me alone, Geoffrey. I don't need your stupid life promoting talks," I growled at him, sitting on my bed and glaring at him.

"Okay, I'm gonna pretend like that didn't hurt. But I will say this, pacing around your room and screaming about how much you hate Michael isn't solving anything. I mean honestly, I think I preferred depressed Gavin over this," Geoff said.

"Shut up, Geoffrey. This is all your fault. If you hadn't told Mi-cool to date me then I wouldn't be in this mess!" I spat at him. Geoff rolled his eyes and crossed his arms.

"Yeah, and you'd probably be dead too," Geoff mumbled.

"Real smooth, Geoff," I growled.

"Well, you know what Gavin, it's true! Whether you want to admit it or not, it is! I knew you had a crush on Michael and I figured that if you two went out for a while it might make you happy. And it did! For a little while at least. Michael and I were just doing what we thought would make you happy and, unfortunately, the better parts of us decided we needed to tell you," Geoff explained.

"Now, I know you've been blocking Michael out of your life for the last week now, but I really think you should try talking to him. He wasn't finished when you stormed out. He had a lot more to say to you that I'm sure that if you stayed to listen, you could've forgotten about the whole fake relationship thing and been happy with him," Geoff told me.

I listened to him, however I wasn't ready to admit that I had acted foolishly yet. What he said made sense, and I supposed I understood the whole 'trying to make me happy' part. But, I still wasn't about to go against everything I had been angry about.

"I'll let you think that all over," Geoff told me, leaving my room.

I watched him leave and eventually leaned back into my bed. My adrenaline rush had come to an end and I was suddenly too tired to move.

So, I gave up, and decided to take a nap.

...

I looked up at the apartment I once shared with Michael. I shifted my weight around on my feet and sighed.

Well, here goes nothing.

I walked into the apartment, going through the lobby and straight to the elevator. I pressed Michael's floor and waited impatiently while the elevator went up.

I felt my heartbeat speed up after each floor. I still wasn't completely over my anger but I was willing to at least try and have a civilized conversation with Michael.

Once I heard the ding signalizing that I was at the correct floor, I gulped back my anxiety and walked down the hallway towards Michael's apartment.

Don't get angry. Don't get angry. Don't get angry.

I stopped in front of it and took a deep breath. This was it. No turning back now.

Well... Technically, I could turn back now and forget about this whole thing.

"Shut up," I whispered to myself.

I brought my hand up and nervously knocked three times on the door. It felt so strange to be knocking on the door of the place I used to live. Like I was a stranger to my old life.

I waited and waited for the door to open. I counted a full thirty seconds before I decided to knock again. After another ten seconds, I went to grab the doorknob, finding it to be strangely unlocked. So... He's here. Michael never left the door unlocked if he left the apartment.

I poked my head into the apartment, seeing all the lights off and the curtains covering the window. I took note of all the empty beer and vodka bottles and I instantly became worried for Michael.

"Mi-cool? Where are you? I know you're here," I called out, stepping into the room.

By now, I had forgotten all my anger which was quickly being replaced with fear and anxiety. This was strange. And very very creepy.

As I walked through the apartment, I tried telling myself that he just wasn't here. He was probably in a rush and forgot to lock the door. The beer and vodka bottles could be from a previous party he had. That's it.

As I walked through the apartment, I started noticing things that turned my blood cold. Lighters and cigarette butts littered the living room as well as a strange white powder dusting the coffee table.

By now, I was on the verge of a panic attack. What happened to Michael? Where was he?

"Mi-cool, please," I said.

I looked at the bedroom door, beginning to shake a little bit. I began walking towards it, terrified of what I might find in there.

I shakily put my hand on the doorknob and braced myself for what I would find.

I burst open the door and instantly gasped at what was laid out before me.

"Michael!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Short chapter. I warned you guys. I'm sorry!
So, the end of the story is near and I'm kind of excited to start the sequel. It'll be different but I have a nice idea for it.
Thanks for reading!