Chapter Six: The Anointing

Chapter Six:
The Anointing

It's been three days since the accident. Michael was still in the ICU and hadn't made any sign of recovery yet. I think Geoff was hiding something from me about him. Something huge. Something... Bad.

The doctors wanted me to stay in the hospital for a couple more days due to my injuries. As it turned out, I was actually hurt pretty bad, even though I hardly felt the pain at the time. Somehow I had managed to snap my wrist bone into two different pieces, along with my ankle. The doctors told me it was a simple fix but I'd have to wear a cast for longer than a usual break due to the trauma the bones went through.

To go along with that, I broke a couple ribs which resulted in a punctured lung that was almost completely healed now. My breathing was still a little labored and ragged but the doctors said that would clear up soon.

Other than that and the few cuts and bruises I had that were slowly disappearing, I was fine.
But every night I stayed awake thinking. I was lucky. Really fucking lucky. The doctors told me that the car accident should've killed me or put me in a critical condition like Michael. Not to mention if Michael's arm hadn't been across my neck during the accident I would've been decapitated.

Constantly I wondered, what higher being decided to spare me from a horrible end and leave Michael in a critical position? I was the one that had tried to kill myself numerous times and still had those days where I wanted to do it again. Why couldn't they have spared Michael and not me?

I was never really that religious. But lately I've been wondering if there really is a higher being than just us. And if there is, then what were they planning for me. And Michael.

Was Michael meant to die? Was I meant to live on without him? Did I have to figure out how to overcome my depression without help? Or maybe I was meant to stay depressed. Was I supposed to come out to the viewers about my depression and be a role model or something?

Nothing made sense to me anymore.

Sometimes Geoff would walk in on me while I was in deep thought and I'd ask him these same questions. All he'd ever say is that 'Life has a way of working itself out', which didn't help me in any way.

Everyday and every night all I would do is think. Think about life, my depression, Michael, anything and everything. It wasn't like anyone could blame me. There wasn't much to do in the hospital anyway.

Besides, it was better than plotting ways to kill yourself.

...

"The fans have been asking where you and Michael have been," Geoff told me. Everyday after work he'd come in and tell me about what's been going on in work. The fans had been getting upset with Michael and my's lack of appearances in videos.

"You still haven't told them?" I asked. Geoff shook his head looking down.

"We were waiting to tell them in the next AHWU but I guess we'll have to do it on The Know," Geoff said. I nodded playing with my fingers.

"Have you seen Michael yet?" I asked him the question I asked everyday since I had been put in the hospital. Geoff did his routine nod, giving me the same sympathetic look he always gave me.

"Has he gotten any better?" I whispered, already knowing the answer.

"Gav... You know Michael's condition. He isn't gonna get better in the first week, if he ever gets better," Geoff told me. I nodded slowly and looked down again, feeling tears pushing against my eyes.

"You remember when Michael was telling us about his parents? How he said they were super religious?" Geoff asked me suddenly. I thought for a moment, remembering the conversation.