Chapter One: Recovering?

Chapter One:
Recovering?

Sitting in that room, seeing all the other people suffering from my same condition, made me think.

Why are we the way we are? What made us the way we are? Is there a greater being than just us? Were all those Sunday's wasted learning about a made up story? Do people really like grapes? Am I nothing? Is there really any purpose in liv-

I grabbed Michael's hand before my mind could wonder to that part of my thoughts. After a month of us dating, Michael had picked up the signs of when I was fighting the demons in my mind. He was very good about calming me down, rubbing my hand, or curling an arm around my shoulders.

This time he pulled me closer and let me rest my head on his shoulder. He draped an arm around me and massaged my arm gently, mumbling things under his breath that would only be for my ears to hear.

I noticed a couple turned heads but that had become the least of my worries within the few seconds Michael had pulled me closer.

It was amazing to see how much Michael was helping me forget about my worries. All he had to do was show the slightest sign of affection, and I'd feel like I was on the moon.

After the bridge incident, Michael had taken me back to Geoff's and stayed with me for a few nights. He told me it was because he was worried about me, and I believe he was, but I knew part of that was so Lindsay could move out.

Which was another thing. Things with Michael and Lindsay were quite awkward. Lindsay had quit working in the Achievement Hunter Crew after Michael and her's break up. She said she really wanted to focus on the scripts she was working on for episodes and such, but everyone knew she did it to get away from Michael.

And, to be honest, it was for the better.

Lindsay was seeing someone else, and Michael was dating me. They were both happy from what I could see, and life was working out for them in the long run.

But I knew they still had feelings for each other.

And perhaps they always would. I mean, what if I never admitted my feelings for Michael when I did? Would they still be engaged or not?

Those questions never stopped running through my head, but I would then be reminded of Michael's arms around me and calm down, knowing he was mine.

For now at least.

"Gavin," My usual therapist called for me. Michael took his arm off my shoulder, much to my disappointment, only to replace it with his hand in mine.

He led me to the room and I felt my heart speed up a bit. This was the third time I've seen the therapist in the month and the first time Michael was coming with me. I was quite nervous to be admitting all my problems and thoughts to both my therapist and Michael, but my therapist recommended I bring him along.

Once we were seated in the room, Mrs. Foley gave me a reassuring smile and turned her attention to Michael.

"So, you must be Mr. Michael Jones. Mr. Free's told me a lot about you," Mrs. Foley said, she was quite neutral towards him but I could hear the warning in her voice.

"I hope only good things," Michael smiled and squeezed my hand gently, making me smile and squeeze back.

"Just the best," Mrs. Foley said, giving him a forced smile.

"Alright, your hour starts now, Mr. Free. So, let's start off basic. Have you had any suicidal thoughts recently?" Mrs. Foley asked me.

"Well, yeah but they weren't enough to make me want to do something," I told her. She nodded and wrote something down.