Chapter Five: Aftermath

Chapter Five:
Aftermath

I didn't know what to do. I had been in situations like this before but now my mind was drawing a blank.

My gaze wouldn't leave Michael either. I didn't want to believe he was dead yet. He couldn't be, I still needed him. He told me he wouldn't leave me until I found I didn't need him anymore.

And like that, I came up with something to do.

I screamed.

I screamed as loudly and as long as I could. I screamed for all the frustration I felt, for the death of my loved one, for the pain that still soared through my body, for everything.

When I began to feel dizzy, I shut my eyes and drifted off into darkness.

...

When I regained consciousness again, all I saw was flashing lights. I heard numerous voices shouting out orders and commands to others who performed them. I was on a stretcher being rushed into an ambulance. I felt an oxygen mask being pushed onto my face and a man squeezing air into the mask, making me take quick breaths.

I searched around the crash site. The car was totaled. Bits and pieces of the car littered the ground everywhere, making a trail from the top of the hill to where the car remained.

I searched for Michael, eventually finding him being surrounded by three men. I saw two giving him CPR while one held a white blanket over him. I saw one of the men that was recently giving him CPR wave to the other holding the blanket and he threw the blanket over him, covering his entire body. I closed my eyes, not being able to stand the scene.

"Wait! Wait! There's a pulse!" The other screamed, pushing the blanket off of Michael. My heart lunged with hope as they picked him up and began rushing him into another ambulance.

My eyes closed again, and I passed out.

...

When I blinked them open again, I found myself being wheeled down a hallway. An oxygen mask laid heavily over my mouth and nose and an IV was stuck in my arm.

I squinted against each light. Everything was so much brighter than I was used to. I felt as though I was gonna get sick due to the bright ness and my hearing was still slowly returning.

Finally, I heard a nurse call out to a doctor who was walking by my feet.

"Dr. Hampton, he's awake but he doesn't look too good," The nurse told him. My eyes flicked from her to the doctor; Dr. Hampton.

"Get him to the room and I'll take a look at him," Dr. Hampton responded.

I groaned and twisted my head around to look behind me best I could. I couldn't see much due to the pillow in my face, but I noticed two figures following closely behind the nurse.

Geoff and Griffon.

"Erm... Geoffrey..." I moaned out. His eyes flicked up and he rushed over to my side, grabbing my bandaged arm.

"Oh thank god, you're okay. The doctor said you weren't gonna wake up for a little while," He said to me. I watched Griffon run up on my other side and brushed my damp hair away.

"Mi-cool... Where's... Mi-cool," I groaned out, suddenly feeling the world spin around me.

Geoff was silent for too long. He avoided eye contact with me at all costs, making me more worried than I was before. I pushed my eyes open more, becoming frantic. The doctor stopped and quickly turned to me, trying to calm me down.

My head swam all the more and I found myself following the darkness once more.

...

When I awoke this time, I found all the lights off and Geoff sound asleep in the chair near my bed. I wasn't as lightheaded as before and I could focus on things before my vision became blurry again.

I made a slight moaning noise and it awoke Geoff immediately. He turned his attention to me and rushed over to me, helping me sit up and stretch.

"How you feeling?" He asked me.

"Like, I was in an accident," I groaned back, sounding harsher than I meant.

"I'm sorry. The guy that made you guys crash called the ambulance and fled apparently. Little dickhead," Geoff growled. I smiled at the fatherly tone under his voice.

"You and Michael are lucky you're alive. Or... You," Geoff said the last part quietly, but I heard it clearly.

"Mi-cool... Where is he? Is he okay? I thought he was dead... He had no pulse... I-," Geoff stopped my rambling with a gentle touch on my hand.

When I looked up, I saw tears well up in Geoff's eyes. Seeing him like that made my own tears form and I began to worry about my beloved boyfriend.

"Gavin... I really don't know how to say this. Michael... He isn't doing as well as you. He's in the ICU right now and... The doctors don't think he's gonna make it much longer," Geoff told me, choking through his tears.

"But... He promised... He promised he wouldn't leave me!" I wailed out. Geoff pulled me into a hug as tears began streaming down my face.

"He promised me..." I croaked out.

Flashbacks of the accident overwhelmed me and I cried harder. All I could remember was Michael's lifeless body and my screams that filled the car and the forest.

Geoff held me tighter when I started whimpering. What if Michael does die? What will happen to me? I needed him more than ever now. He was the one helping me get through all this. He was the one getting me through all this.

Eventually, I found myself growing tired and Geoff leaned me back down. He held my hand while I slowly fell back asleep, tears staining my cheeks and eyes puffy from crying over my lost love.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So, I apologize for the short chapter. I got really bad writers block all the sudden and I couldn't figure out what I wanted to do so I just ended the chapter. I think I have an idea for the next chapter though, so... Yeah.
I really hope you guys enjoy this. I apologize for it being all over the place and for it being fairly uneventful. In this story, I'm really trying to capture the feelings Gavin is having with his depression and overcoming it so most chapters are probably just gonna be him thinking over life and stuff.
I feel like I'm rambling right now.
Thanks for reading!