It was different..  as mates.. your human sides have the relationship.. as the wolves have a relationship. But one mate in wolf form, the other in human.. it was more of a respect. More of a bond of sorts. The wolf side always felt love and protection towars their mate's human side..

Zaryn's wolf whined in a high pitch tone due to the fact he lost his chance with her. I chuckle surpassed my lips as i lie on my stomach, hiding myself. Bones crackling behind me alerted me that he was shifting now.. moments later, Zaryn was moving beside me.. lying on his stomach next to me.

I felt the warmth rise in my cheeks, feeling his skin so close to mine.. the static that sparked between us seemed as if it was pulling us to touch. I lifted my head slowly, eyes catching his. The corner of his mouth rose on one side, displaying a small smile as he cleared his throat.

"Sorry about that.. he just..-" he began before i cut him off.

"Its okay. She wouldn't let me shift." I admitted embarrassingly. "You shouldnt be here Zaryn." I glanced away, paying special attention to the clovers beneath me, bringing my hands up to rest in front of me so i could push up and lean on my elbows, my breasts grazing the grass oh so slightly.

I heard him sigh deeply. "I know Nova. But no one is going to come looking for us. Not tonight. Everyone is too wrapped up in their sadness.."

My mouth fell open as i turned to gape at him. "That's not the only reason you shouldn't be here! Don't you have a pup to worry about? I appreciate you vocalizing your desire for me and not Grace but.. its not good for me to be around you. It's only going to make it harder for me. Is that what you want? For me to cry myself to sleep at night because the one wolf meant for me is the one wolf i cant be with!?" I asked incredulously.

His eyes lowered to the ground. "I just wanted to spend one last evening with you.. if you'd  let me. Just to talk." His words were soft and sorrowful. I peered back up at him to see his blue eyes shining beneath the full moon, staring at me with hope. A need coming from him i couldnt describe.

He is always able to sway me. Always. "Do you not care about how i feel Zaryn?"

He shot me a frown, surprise etched on his perfect face. "Are you serious Nova? Of course i do. We may not be bonded, but i feel it when you hurt. Those waves of nausea you get sometimes.. arent just your own. They are my feelings seeping into your soul as well..." He rasped, his voice holding pain.

I contemplated that..

He really did tell the entire pack he didn't want Grace, he wanted me. But what Nic had said...

"Zaryn did you really not sense her heat?"

His blue orbs locked with mine instantly... more pain. More sadness. More guilt. "No. I didnt. Not the whole night until it just hit her in an instant. It hit me too. My wolf and i were on the same page about waiting.. for you.. but we couldn't control it once it hit ."

My mind flooded with thoughts..

Should i relent? Give him one more night? A goodbye of sorts? Just talking.. nothing more... it wouldn't hurt so badly if we just talked.

"Okay" my words were barely audible. My aching heart stopped throbbing when he was around.

One more time, i told myself.

The last time.

Just one last time to be with him. My heart needs the break.

Smiling sadly, he pushed himself off the ground and pulled his legs up to sit down on the grass. My eyes roved over his glorious naked body.. muscles that called for me to touch them. Glancing downward, i saw the very obvious sign of his excitment he still had from our wolves' near encounter. It was extremely hard to miss. Im glad it was dark because im sure my face was beet red at the moment.