Chapter 1

It was a sad day in the village of Sky Drift. The young daughter of a blacksmith, Y/N, had her 17th birthday. Unfortunately, there was a dragon raid mid-day. Y/N's mother had been shot with only minutes left to live. She called for her youngest daughter.

"Y/N, I have something to tell you.*cough cough* On your 18th birthday, you will be given a great power. One that will allow you to turn into a dragon or animal. Be sure to *cough* keep you power hidden from everyone. Your family knows of your power and what you can do. You can gain the abilities of anything *cough* you can shift into. Even in your human form. Goodbye, Y/N. I love you. I will see you in Valhala someday.

(Y/N)' s POV

My mother had spoken her last words and taken her last breath. That was it. My mother was gone and nothing could change that.

*1 year later*

"Happy 18th birthday!" My sister yelled. "Thanks!" I replied.

"So what have you changed into today?"

"Nothing yet."

"Well, give it a try. Think of something you want to be and to change back, think of yourself."

"Ok Ingrid. I'll give it a try."(A/N: I couldn't think of anything else for your sisters name.)

It worked! I thought of a pure black wolf, and that is what I changed into. My dad and sister had facial expressions that clearly showed they were amazed. I changed back and went about my day as I normally would. Ate breakfast, went for a walk, got bullied, went home for dinner, and went to sleep.

*time skip to next morning*

I woke up today only to be greeted by my annoying sister constantly bugging me to shift into something. I ignored her and ate breakfast. Then all of a sudden, a catapulted boulder landed on my house and shattered the roof. We escaped and headed to the armory. Sky Drift was at war with the Dragon Hunters.

*time skip to after the war*

Everyone rejoiced at our victory. One of the dragon hunters was left behind and swung his sword at me. I dodged it and did something I shouldn't have. I shifted to a monstrous nightmare as a defense. I was immediately banished and flew off. Unfortunately, I was shot by a dragon root arrow in my shoulder. Ryker and his dragon hunters had seen me crash land and I had to hide.

(A/N)

Hey guys! Sorry this is so short. Is night and dinner time. I will update whenever i get the chance. See u later Snugglers!