•Alpha talk•

Idk her name either! Omg but this cutie plays Layla!

Chapter 6•

"Jude! Can you get Layla? She refuses to come downstairs and I need to get Aiden to pack a bag." She stops in front of me and cocks her head.

"What's on your neck?" She asks. I push up the scarf and shrug.

"I got a hickey."

"It doesn't look like a hickey."

"I'll get Layla." I walk away from her. I have to talk to Wayne about this. If anyone is going to tell me something it's going to be him.

"Layla!" I call her name. I knock on her door and open it.

"I'm not coming out! You can't make me!" She yells from under her bed covers. I chuckle and walk to her. I take a seat on the edge of her bed.

"Sounds good to me, I mean who in their right mind wants to go have fun? That delicious food, those corn dogs and hamburgers and ice cream, you don't need them! Oh and don't get me started on the rides and the ponies." She uncovers herself and looks at me wide-eyed.

"Ponies!"

"Yup! But you won't have to worry about that. You can stay with me all day doing boring homework. It'll be so much fun!"

"Ehhhh tell mommy I'll go." She hops out of her bed and runs to her closet.

I laugh and leave her room. She's such a cute little kid. She and Aiden both look so alike. They take after their mother in looks and their father in personality.

I walk on over to Wayne's office hoping he's still there. I'm pretty sure he is seeing as I haven't seen him leave and he's always the last one to pack.

One knock at his office door and a come in, later, I'm walking on in and the first thing I do is take the scarf around my neck and unwrap it.

"I need to ask you a question and you have to tell me the truth." He looks up and gives me a confused look. I guess he finally catches on when his eyes travel from my face down to my neck.

"What is this?" I ask him.

"He marked you... Huh?" I almost can't believe his tone right now.

"Naw really? I didn't notice." He gives me a look and I back down. "Sorry alpha. I'm just a little... I don't know... Today is not my day." I settle with that explanation and he doesn't press any further.

"When did it happen?"

"Yesterday." I answer him. "What does this mean Alpha? I didn't get the chance to ask him and seeing as your the closest to him, I thought maybe you would know."

"Even if I had the answer I don't think I should be telling you this. Ask Cedric the next time you see him."

I groan, "please alpha? At least tell me something?"

"I'll tell you this, go talk to him. Meet somewhere and discuss it. He may be another alpha but he is still my younger brother. I won't tell you what he should."

"I doubt he'd tell me. I've been a part of your pack for 15 years and the first time he ever talked to me was when we found out we were mates. It was by chance that we found out anyways. If he wouldn't have come to see you then we wouldn't have known at all."