15: Who are you?

Jen's POV

"Thanks Mom," I say grabbing my keys and purse.

"Your welcome good luck," she says.

"Thanks, bye," I say going out the garage door. I'm going early to get my hair dyed for Hunger games and Silver Lingings.

I did it once before but I didn't continue to dye it, I did it once to see how it looked. But for now on out I have to get it dyed every two weeks.

I'm going alone just myself. I don't normally get time alone with the kids and all.

I pick up a coffee on my way to the hair place. If I go early then there shouldn't be a lot of people there and that's better with out paparazzi that now think I'm interesting.

Karen's POV

After Jen leaves I pick up the house before making breakfast. She in Kentucky for a few days before filming starts.

She has a few meetings for today and tomorrow, for upcoming press and movies. And I know it's easier for her when the kids aren't going crazy. Especially since the meetings are over the phone.

I make some buttermilk pancakes. I eat a couple and put some on a plate for the kids.

Rylan wakes up about eight and I quietly get him from their shared room. And let him lay on the couch until he's fully awake to eat breakfast.

Around nine I hear Emma stir and then the waterworks start. I hurry upstairs to stop her crying. When I make it to the main floor I stick a binkie in her mouth. Ry hasn't been into them but Emma loves them it calms her somehow.

We sit on the couch and watch Handy Mandy for a while.

"Alright who wants pancakes?" I ask getting up.

"Me!!" Ry jumps up he always has more energy in the morning while Emma has energy in the afternoon.

"Okay get to your high chairs," I say going to the kitchen with the pitter patter of feet following me.

I lift both of them in their chairs before putting cut up and buttered pancakes on their trays.

They both dig in hungrily. I smile as they stuff their faces full. They both inherited the eating from their parents. And they also both inherited the humorous trait from their parents. But Emma's more Josh's personality and Ry is Jen's personality.

"Y! Y!" Emma says getting his attention.

"What?" He responds in a baby voice.

"Hewre," she says handing him a piece of pancake.

"Thawnk yowu," he smiles eating it whole. He always reminds me of Jen. I remember Jen at this age she'd have tons of energy and determination to do something.

"Granwdwa, I beee downe now?" Emma asks raising her arms for my help. I did know Josh at this age but he was always sweet to Jen, always a gentleman.

••••

After breakfast I got both kids dressed and we headed out to the backyard to play on the play set. Then inside again to the playroom.