1: Toddlers and Parts

Brock Butler- Rylan Alexander Lawrence
Baby Lux- Emma Julie Lawrence

Jen's POV
"You got the part!" My manager screamed through the phone.

"Yes! I did?" I say questionably.

"Yup, are you gonna take it?" She asked. I gave it a thought that got clutter with others.

"Could I have some time to think about it and get back to you later?" I ask.

"Yeah, yeah take your time," she said.

"Ok thanks," I said before hanging up. I have a choice to play Katniss and  have my life be publicized or not play her and stick with indies.

I sat in the kitchen thinking it over and over until I hear a cry from the baby monitor.

I quickly made my way up the stairs and in to the twins room. Rylan was up and standing with little tears running down his face.

"Hi buddy, shh, sissy is still sleeping," I say taking him out of the crib.

"Mommy," he said snuggling in to my chest.

"Let's go downstairs, okay, Ry," I say calling him a nickname. We head downstairs and I make him go potty before continuing to get an after nap snack.

"Did you go potty?" I ask walking back in the bathroom after getting him new clothes.

"Yeah," he says but it comes out as "weah."

"Good job, let's wash your hands," I say lifting him on the stool after pulling up his pants.

"Here's some soap," I say squiring some on his tiny hands. He looks just like his dad. Same eyes, same hair, same smile, same laugh, same humor, if only Ry knew his dad.

"Ok, here's your treat for going," I say handing him two tiny m&ms.

"Tweat!" He screams.

"Shh, let go watch tv," I say lifting him in to my arms.

"Wanna watch Handy Manny?" I say turning on Netflix.

"Handy manny!" He shouts again.

"Shh," I say laughing a little. I go get him a tippy cup of milk and a closed cup of Cheerios. It's like those cups that have a thing that will let you get it only if you put your hand in it.

After a while, Emma wakes up and I bring her downstairs repeating what I did with Rylan.

"Look there's brother," I said pointing out Rylan when we walked back in the family room he was dancing around to Handy Manny. I set Em down and she ran off to her brother.

They are twins but not identical, Rylan looks like his Dad and Em looks like me. But personality wise they are the same. Plus they like the same stuff regard less if it's boyish or girlish.

••••
"Time for dinner," I say to the energetic kids. They run to their high chairs and I lift them both in to their own high chairs. Then give them some mashed potatoes, milk, and meatloaf pieces. I get myself a plate and watch them.

They happily shout back and forth over their meal. I just sit back and laugh.

"Hey, Em, Ry, can you do cheers for mommy?" I ask.

"Chweers," they shout happily while pushing the tippy cups together.

"Thanks," I say letting them continue on. We're in Kentucky but it's still lonely here. It's me and the twins living in this big old house. We have everything we need, we're lucky for that, but it's special when someone else comes over.

After dinner, they played on their bikes which have the pedals folded up so they is their feet. I cleaned the kitchen and then we headed out for a late walk. I bundled each in coats and blankets plus a sippy cup of warm milk, I got my phone and the double stroller out then heading down the street.

I walked down the sidewalk listening to the silent screams of the breeze. We walk down the street to the quiet park. I sit on a bench thinking while they watch the sun set. Should I take the part? Or maybe not? Well I could? I'm so indecisive it's frustrating.

"Mommy?" Emma asks.

"Yeah," I say turning my attention to her.

"Out," she says. I look to see Rylan asleep, so I guess it okay to have one out.

"Come here," I say in unbuckling her. She snuggles her head in to my neck as I push the stroller one handed which works because it's double in a line.

 I walk down the street back home with one kid on my hip and one in the stroller this normally ends up that way

"Mommy?" Emma says again.

"Yeah, baby," I answer.

"Down," she says. I reluctantly put her down and put her between me and the stroller.

"Be quiet, brother's sleeping," I tell her as we walk in the door to a our house.

"Shh," she says.

"Yeah, shh," I say lifting him out of the stroller and taking him upstairs. I change him in to pajamas and a pull up before putting him in his crib.

I go downstairs to find Emma playing with two stuffed animals.

"Hey Em, it's time for bed time," I whisper.

"Y," she says.

"Because I'm tired, and you're tired," I say. She toddles over to me and  I scoop her up. I brush her teeth, change her and tuck her in.

"Night, night Emma," I say before shutting the door.

I return downstairs and watch one episode of Dance Moms before going to bed.

A/n
What did you think?